News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Had 21 inches during the blizzard, another 12 during last Monday, another 3 inches yesterday, and we have another 6 inches on the ground this morning and more coming.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

You are still in America?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 09, 2015, 10:35:28 AM
You are still in America?
Yup, January 31st - February 24th.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Five feet in two weeks.  Depending on how much more we get during the course of the day. Hopefully I'll get another snow day tomorrow.
PDH!

Valmy

Eh Korea is pretty freaking cold to.  Those guys in those Korean War videos always looked pretty miserable, all bundled up with ice hanging off of them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2015, 10:42:28 AM
Eh Korea is pretty freaking cold to.  Those guys in those Korean War videos always looked pretty miserable, all bundled up with ice hanging off of them.

The first three years I was there winters were terribly cold, but the last two have been more mild. The wind still bites, but it hasn't been a big difference from New England.

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

On front page of bbc news website, link to video entitled:

Boston 'worn out' by more snow.

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Out of places to put it at least.  The kids love it now, but they'll be upset when they are in school until July. On the bright side the teachers hate it too.
PDH!

KRonn

I'm not even sure anymore what forecasts say of much snow we're going to get out of this series of storms. We got about six inches over the weekend, and now it's been snowing since probably the early morning hours after midnight sometime and will continue until early evening after dark. Looks like six to eight inches there again and probably more, and certainly more before it ends. Another possible big storm coming in Thursday-Friday.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 09, 2015, 02:25:50 PM
I'm not even sure anymore what forecasts say of much snow we're going to get out of this series of storms. We got about six inches over the weekend, and now it's been snowing since probably the early morning hours after midnight sometime and will continue until early evening after dark. Looks like six to eight inches there again and probably more, and certainly more before it ends. Another possible big storm coming in Thursday-Friday.

:(

A Languish East Coast rescue mission necessary?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

I'm running low on rum.
Sernd help.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
Had 21 inches during the blizzard, another 12 during last Monday, another 3 inches yesterday, and we have another 6 inches on the ground this morning and more coming.
I'd estimate that another 3 inches at least has fallen since this post.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

We still have grass sticking out above the snow.  Very unusual for here.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on February 09, 2015, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 09, 2015, 07:49:11 AM
KRonn, the difference in my experience between the Midwestern winter and the Nguyen Gland winter is that it's just cold in the former but cold and wet in the latter.  That wet cold just gets down into your bones and doesn't thaw out until May.
Maybe so, I wouldn't know. I've heard your argument before about the wet/humidity and it may be true, but New England isn't anywhere near humid like the South, so I don't know. I would think then that any northern state bordering the ocean has the same problem as New England states.
I think New England is probably just as humid as the South, but it's not even close to as hot so people don't bitch about the humidity up there.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points