Main Menu

NFL Week 14

Started by katmai, December 10, 2009, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2009, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 03:59:19 PM
Quote from: Strix on December 12, 2009, 03:44:15 PM
She should have just hopped in her limo and left.

Now, now...let's not get bitchy because your team is committing the GREATEST MELTDOWN IN NFL HISTORY.
Hard to say.  After all, the Patriots might miss the playoffs too.  And that'd be great.

Not hard to say at all.  This is the biggest meltdown for a reigning Super Bowl champ.
And I'm enjoying every minute of it.  Rots of RORs.

Admiral Yi

12/13 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -6.5 Denver
12/13 1:00 ET At Minnesota -6.5 Cincinnati
12/13 1:00 ET NY Jets -4 At Tampa Bay
12/13 1:00 ET Buffalo -2 At Kansas City
12/13 1:00 ET Green Bay -4 At Chicago
12/13 1:00 ET New Orleans -10 At Atlanta
12/13 1:00 ET At Baltimore -14 Detroit
12/13 1:00 ET At Jacksonville -2.5 Miami
12/13 1:00 ET At New England -13 Carolina
12/13 1:00 ET At Houston -7 Seattle
12/13 4:05 ET At Tennessee -13 St. Louis
12/13 4:05 ET Washington -1 At Oakland
12/13 4:15 ET At Dallas -3.5 San Diego
12/13 8:20 ET Philadelphia -1 At NY Giants

Monday Night Football Point Spread

12/14 8:35 ET Arizona -3.5 At San Francisco

Wonder why they scheduled the marquee game at that time.

sbr

I think Philly/Giants is the best game and MNF can't change their games.  Having a game start at 4:00PM Sunday seems a bad idea too.  When the schedule was made there is no way that was a marquee game, the SUnday and Monday night games looked much better in July that Minn./Cincy.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2009, 05:56:58 PM
Not hard to say at all.  This is the biggest meltdown for a reigning Super Bowl champ.
And I'm enjoying every minute of it.  Rots of RORs.

This is far from the biggest meltdown of a reigning Superbowl Champion. The Steelers have had a lot of tries at being reigning Superbowl champs, and it's clearly not one of their better ones. They went 8-8 after Cowher's win and finished 3rd in the AFC North. Chances are good that they will do the same this year especially after they end the Raven's playoff chances.

The Ravens only have had one chance to being defending Superbowl Champions and they got their asses handed to them in the playoffs by the Steelers.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 12, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Wonder why they scheduled the marquee game at that time.
Probably because the schedule was done while Favre was still retired and when everybody thought that the Bengals were going to be in contention for the worst team in history (an impression that slipped away at some point between Week 3 and Week 5).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on December 12, 2009, 09:09:37 PM
The Ravens only have had one chance to being defending Superbowl Champions and they got their asses handed to them in the playoffs by the Steelers.

They made it to the playoffs to defend their title.  Unlike your Melters.

katmai

Now, now boys, you are forgetting PeeDeeH's favorite team who actually had the worst followup record a season after winning the big game.

Of course the Steelers could still tie that mark if they don't win another game :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on December 12, 2009, 09:28:14 PM
Now, now boys, you are forgetting PeeDeeH's favorite team who actually had the worst followup record a season after winning the big game.
Yeah, but they have Elway's retirement as an excuse.  The Steelers are essentially the same team that won it all last year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2009, 10:08:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 12, 2009, 09:28:14 PM
Yeah, but they have Elway's retirement as an excuse.  The Steelers are essentially the same team that won it all last year.

No argument.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Strix

Quote from: Neil link=topic=3114.msg159162#msg159162

Injuries have plagued them this season just like the last time they won the Superbowl.  The defense is missing two major components that the Steelers have been unable to replace.  Aaron Smith makes the whole thing go by providing pressure on the front line that allows the linebackers to do their thing. Troy is a huge loss in the middle and blitzing that they cannot replace. Throw in the fact the Parker has been a shadow of himself and the Steelers aren't the same team as last year.

Their defense and run game are pathetic.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The Patriots' meltdown last year was sweeter than this, though.

Neil

Quote from: vonmoltke on December 12, 2009, 10:25:49 PM
The Patriots' meltdown last year was sweeter than this, though.
Actually, if the Patriots don't make the playoffs this year, that'll be much sweeter.  Brady's unravelling makes for great tears from bandwagoners who will be cheering for the Saints next year.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2009, 10:41:27 PM
Actually, if the Patriots don't make the playoffs this year, that'll be much sweeter.  Brady's unravelling makes for great tears from bandwagoners who will be cheering for the Saints next year.

Yes it will, especially since the Dolphins will be responsible for it again.

Neil

Quote from: vonmoltke on December 12, 2009, 11:06:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2009, 10:41:27 PM

Yes it will, especially since the Dolphins will be responsible for it again.
If the Dolphins can pull it off, I'll be impressed at their depth.  Half their offence was Ronnie Brown, although they've been doing quite well since he got hurt.

ulmont

My football bar has been invaded by a hundred soccer freaks watching the Arsenal game.  They better clear out at 1...