News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

*Drumroll* Amanda Knox verdict coming up!

Started by Jaron, December 04, 2009, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on October 03, 2011, 03:44:07 PM
Well the Italian legal system is something or a farce.

Agreed that it's one of those two. Perhaps both.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2009, 07:20:46 PMI didn't see a whole lot of direct evidence tieing her to the crime, but again the english-language media seems somewhat biased in favour of her innocence.
Not in the UK it wasn't.  The assumption in our media, from the start, was that she's guilty.

Indeed the Daily Mail accidentally uploaded the KNOX GUILTY version of their story just after the verdict was quashed :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grallon

Let us hope the cunt gets murdered when she's back in the US.  Her Italian boyfriend was cute though.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grallon on October 03, 2011, 06:11:03 PM
Let us hope the cunt gets murdered when she's back in the US.  Her Italian boyfriend was cute though.

G.

For what?  If you're gonna be a vagina-hating imbecile, shouldn't you at least take solace that the court system still felt she needed to be punished for "false accusations" after basically kidnapping her?
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Maybe Foxy Knoxy and the pig Louise Woodward can meet and blow each other up. Like matter/antimatter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 03, 2011, 06:14:11 PM

For what?  If you're gonna be a vagina-hating imbecile, shouldn't you at least take solace that the court system still felt she needed to be punished for "false accusations" after basically kidnapping her?

If you can't see she's guilty than you're the imbecile.  This is the Bernardo/Homolka thing all over again.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2011, 06:06:58 PM
Indeed the Daily Mail accidentally uploaded the KNOX GUILTY version of their story just after the verdict was quashed :bleeding:
Yeah I saw that. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Grallon on October 03, 2011, 06:16:43 PM
If you can't see she's guilty than you're the imbecile.  This is the Bernardo/Homolka thing all over again.
:blink:  No, it's not.  It's not even remotely close to that.

I don't think anyone can "see she's guilty" other than anyone who might have been in the room.  Certainly those of us in the peanut gallery have no business making assertions like that, either of guilt or innocence.

MadImmortalMan

In Grallon's world, she probably really did it and left all kinds of obvious evidence. Like writing "I am Amanda Knox and I killed that bitch!" in the lollipop tree just outside the crime scene. And certified dna blood samples in the refrigerator right next to the unicorn milk.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2011, 06:19:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2011, 06:06:58 PM
Yeah I saw that. :lol:
The full article was pretty bad:
http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailonline-makes-up-events-quotes-from.html
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

:hmm: It's a tabloid... don't they do shit like that all the time?  If not... is there really a Bat Boy in West Virginia? :o

sbr

Which acquitted non-murder is hotter, Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on October 03, 2011, 07:12:20 PM

I'd do both of them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on October 03, 2011, 06:11:03 PM

G.

She will also outlive you. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2011, 07:14:16 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 03, 2011, 07:12:20 PM

I'd do both of them.

That would be a killer threesome.  :perv: