News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

*Drumroll* Amanda Knox verdict coming up!

Started by Jaron, December 04, 2009, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 03, 2011, 07:16:37 PM
She will also outlive you. :)

*cackles*

Remember - I'll be here to cheer the 'departure' or many of you.  ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habsburg

If I see her in the produce aisle at QFC, I'll slap her.

I want a better alibi than, we were both at his house, oh and no one saw us!

Capetan Mihali

What a marvelous season for prosecutors getting egg on their proverbial faces!   :D  From DSK grandstanding to Casey Anthony to this...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Anyway, the moral of this story is:  America rules.  Britain sucks.  Italy sucks.  Grallon sucks. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2011, 09:07:46 PM
Anyway, the moral of this story is:  America rules.  Britain sucks.  Italy sucks.  Grallon sucks. :showoff:
Isn't that the moral of pretty much any story? :unsure:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

The sister is ok with the exception of her eyes. She kinda looks like that lizard from the Rango movie. Eh, still doable. Just make her wear a pair of googles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2011, 09:27:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2011, 09:07:46 PM
Isn't that the moral of pretty much any story? :unsure:

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on October 03, 2011, 07:12:20 PM
Which acquitted non-murder is hotter, Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?

Foxy Knoxy by a mile.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Didnt lifetime do some stupid movie recently on Knox?

Zoupa

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
In Grallon's world, she probably really did it and left all kinds of obvious evidence. Like writing "I am Amanda Knox and I killed that bitch!" in the lollipop tree just outside the crime scene. And certified dna blood samples in the refrigerator right next to the unicorn milk.

I thought they had found murdered girl's dna on a knife with her fingerprints on it.

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on October 03, 2011, 11:15:30 PM

I thought they had found murdered girl's dna on a knife with her fingerprints on it.

Defense brought in a new expert witness that says the Italian cops were stoopid in collecting evidence, so that pretty much got washed away.

From my perspective, if this girl went free in Italy, she had to be damn innocent, not just a little innocent. But then, my opinion of Italy isn't a good one. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I dunno Meri, lots of very guilty people are free to walk around in Italy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habsburg

I don't think Knox helped herself early on, going along with the Lumumba allegations.  The shakey alibi, sort of odd behavior at the trial, played into Mignini's case.  She was obviously a young person overwhelmed, and seems to have had bad legal advice (the behavior during trial) probably helped Mignini (along with the press free for all.)  The BF seems to have just been pulled along, didn't hear much about him.