News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

*Drumroll* Amanda Knox verdict coming up!

Started by Jaron, December 04, 2009, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Gups on October 05, 2011, 02:58:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2011, 11:10:27 PM
Thought it went as expected for someone in her position.

Guilty as hell but about to make millions from her crime?
Guilty????
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Gups

In the, she killed someone sense rather than the legal sense.

Brazen

I saw this and thought of Languish  :lol:

QuoteThe Wright Stuff's Amanda Knox Would Ya? segment prompts outrage

TV presenter Matthew Wright has sparked fury on Twitter after asking viewers of his show The Wright Stuff whether they would consider going back to Amanda Knox's room after meeting her in a bar.

On this morning's Channel 5 programme Wright, delivering a monologue to the camera, said: 'She's entirely innocent of the murder of Meredith Kercher and foxy as hell, so what I want to know this morning is: If you met Amanda Knox in a bar and she invited you back to her room - would ya?'

A preview blurb on the Channel 5 website under the tag line 'Foxy Knoxy: Would Ya?' read: 'So Amanda Knox has been cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher. She's entirely innocent. She's also undeniably fit and loves wild sex. Or did.

'So if you were a guy who'd met her in a bar and she invited you back to hers, would you go? I'm being quite serious. Or would something in your brain make you think twice?'

Amanda Knox was cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher at her appeal in Perugia on Monday night, in a case that has seen huge interest in the media.

Meredith's distraught family held a press conference today and told the world they were 'back to square one', knowing full well some involved in their daughter's death was still roaming free.

Twitter users were quick to criticise Matthew Wright's flippant discussion.

John Reynolds labelled it 'abysmal' while Tom Rose tweeted: 'The Wright Stuff sinking to all new lows, didn't think it was possible for it to get any worse.'

BBC presenter Jeremy Vine also contributed to the debate surrounding Knox's 'Foxy Knoxy' appellation recently, saying: 'Can we now drop the "Foxy Knoxy" thing. It is just too serious for that'

Presenter Matthew Wright defended the segment, telling Metro.co.uk: 'For the last four years, the world has been more than happy to refer to a woman, then presumed to be a killer, as "Foxy Knoxy" something I find appalling.

'I thought it would be interesting to find out if mud sticks, or whether an innocent young woman could now go out and behave in a perfectly normal way. The real disgrace is the Foxy Knoxy epithet.'

A Wright Stuff spokesperson added: 'The discussion conducted between Matthew Wright and our panel of Kelly Hoppen, Christopher Biggins and Liz McClarnon was handled extremely sensitively and at no point did we lose sight of the fact that at the heart of the matter is the tragic death of a young girl - Meredith Kercher.'
http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/877508-the-wright-stuff-s-amanda-knox-would-ya-segment-prompts-outrage

11B4V

Quote from: Gups on October 05, 2011, 03:35:05 AM
In the, she killed someone sense rather than the legal sense.

"Italian appeals court threw out her murder conviction."

Unless it's guilty til proven innocent.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Gups

:huh:

Which is why I said she's not guilty in the legal sense.

IMO the Court made a bad mistake. The circumstantial evidence against Knox is overwhelming.

grumbler

Quote from: Brazen on October 05, 2011, 03:37:13 AM

Presenter Matthew Wright defended the segment, telling Metro.co.uk: 'For the last four years, the world has been more than happy to refer to a woman, then presumed to be a killer, as "Foxy Knoxy" something I find appalling.
I find the parochialism of Brits like this funny as balls.  "The world" to whom he refers is merely the British new media, which are hardly known for their professionalism or taste.  The Aussie press may have picked that up, but they aren't any better.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

It's funny how the case has focused almost entirely on Mrs. Knox, almost to the point of forgetting that there was also an Italian guy involved, Sollecito, who has also been released. Is it a variety of the "pretty white girl missing" phenomenom?

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2011, 05:56:05 AM
It's funny how the case has focused almost entirely on Mrs. Knox, almost to the point of forgetting that there was also an Italian guy involved, Sollecito, who has also been released. Is it a variety of the "pretty white girl missing" phenomenom?
Yep.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Imagine if she was from Texas instead of Washington State. She would have never been convicted.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Warspite

Quote from: grumbler on October 05, 2011, 04:05:14 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 05, 2011, 03:37:13 AM

I find the parochialism of Brits like this funny as balls.  "The world" to whom he refers is merely the British new media, which are hardly known for their professionalism or taste.  The Aussie press may have picked that up, but they aren't any better.

Are any media known for its professionalism or taste?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Brazen

Quote from: Warspite on October 05, 2011, 06:20:11 AM
Are any media known for its professionalism or taste?
I am both professional and tasteful  :bowler:

Richard Hakluyt

There is certainly an absence of good taste and high-minded journalism in British tabloids. I'm not sure about the charge of them lacking professionalism though; the object presumably is to sell tabloid newspapers, not to please people who prefer more substantial news reporting.

Edit. I suppose that many journalists do adhere to a professional code of ethics. In which case unethical behaviour would be unprofessional  :hmm:

The Minsky Moment

It's funny how the case has focused almost entirely on Mrs. Knox

Not entirely, IIRC her daughter has received some coverage as well.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2011, 09:27:47 AM

:lmfao:

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2011, 09:27:47 AM

:lol: