SIG P239
2 (5.9%)
SIG P229
8 (23.5%)
Waah waah I'm a Euro/Canadian sissy and I'm gonna pee my pants
18 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Caliga

Ok, this came up in a Computer subforum thread but I wanted to move it to the main page because I didn't want the hijack to get worse: a friend of Princesca and I is looking to sell of most of her guns and the above list is what she has 'for sale'.  She also has a Beretta .22 and a SIG Haemmerli but isn't willing to sell those because they're her favorites.

I don't have any idea of what she'd be charging but based on the above list, which ones do people like best?  You can go ahead and make fun of the Taurus (I just wanted to list to be all-inclusive).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Buy American you commie bastard.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2009, 01:29:03 PM
Buy American you commie bastard.
Nein.

Also, she is Swiss, so of course she's not going to buy junky American firearms. :)

Slargos

List-fail. No 1911 detected.

BuddhaRhubarb

I'm a Canadian Sissy, however I have awesome bladder control, and I like guns. I chose the Beretta 9mm.
:p

Slargos

I'm going to have to go ahead and say Glock 19, but for the record I don't think any of them are a good choice.

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:30:48 PM
I don't feel that I need a .45 caliber piece.  Honestly, I'd almost want a .22 if it wasn't such a puny round... my father in law's SIG Mosquito is fun as hell to shoot.

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:32:50 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and say Glock 19, but for the record I don't think any of them are a good choice.
That's actually what I was going to buy before I learned about the opportunity to buy from this chick.... but as you can see she owns one anyway.

Caliga

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 03, 2009, 01:31:46 PM
I'm a Canadian Sissy, however I have awesome bladder control, and I like guns. I chose the Beretta 9mm.
:lol: Didn't mean to imply that all Canadians are sissies (when it comes to this stuff).  :hug:

MadImmortalMan

Of these I like the P229. I have one in .40 caliber and I love it. I like the 1911 also, but they must be well-machined, often post-production. And they are heavy. Mine is, anyway. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds of cheap dirty Wal-Mart ammo through my P229 and it has literally never once misfed or misfired. Pretty impressive.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 01:33:21 PM
Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:30:48 PM
I don't feel that I need a .45 caliber piece.  Honestly, I'd almost want a .22 if it wasn't such a puny round... my father in law's SIG Mosquito is fun as hell to shoot.

If you're not going to use it against the most dangerous predator of all, that is to say black people, why not just settle for a .22 anyway?

For targetshooting I find the .22 a lot more fun than any other calibre.

Barrister

I'm also a sissy Canadian and think that there is no need for a private person to own a handgun (as opposed to a long gun, which is a whole different matter :Canuck:).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

One thing I liked about the Glock is that it's extremely light, MiM.  The SIG Mosquito is as well (and has like literally zero recoil... but also zero stopping power  :D ).

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2009, 01:36:47 PM
I'm also a sissy Canadian and think that there is no need for a private person to own a handgun (as opposed to a long gun, which is a whole different matter :Canuck:).
Beeb, that's next on the list.  :cool:

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 01:34:07 PM
Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:32:50 PM
That's actually what I was going to buy before I learned about the opportunity to buy from this chick.... but as you can see she owns one anyway.

Granted, I've only tried it once but it just didn't feel right. It is certainly the best looker of the group, however.