2 (5.9%)
SIG P229
8 (23.5%)
Waah waah I'm a Euro/Canadian sissy and I'm gonna pee my pants
18 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
If you're not going to use it against the most dangerous predator of all, that is to say black people, why not just settle for a .22 anyway?
I must defend my castle.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
If you're not going to use it against the most dangerous predator of all, that is to say black people, why not just settle for a .22 anyway?
I must defend my castle.  :)

So get a shotgun.  :huh:

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on December 03, 2009, 01:37:41 PM
Granted, I've only tried it once but it just didn't feel right. It is certainly the best looker of the group, however.
I'm tempted to try her baby Glock out as well, but my one experience with subcompacts was HORRIBLE.  S&W M&P 9mm that seriously jammed like every other round. :bleeding:

MadBurgerMaker

.40 P229.  Awesome.

Comedy Option:  Smith & Wesson 500. 

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2009, 01:36:47 PM
I'm also a sissy Canadian and think that there is no need for a private person to own a handgun (as opposed to a long gun, which is a whole different matter :Canuck:).

It's called a rifle (or a shotgun)... long gun is  a sissy PC term. :canuck:
:p

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 03, 2009, 01:41:28 PM
Comedy Option:  Smith & Wesson 500.
That's exactly the gun I'm talking about that jammed on me 50% of the time.  :mad:

Grey Fox

Handguns are for sissies (non-canadian type) & cops.

Get a rifle, a semi-automatic rifle.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with the pistol is a dead man. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 03, 2009, 01:46:32 PM
I'm also a sissy Canadian and think that there is no need for a private person to own a handgun (as opposed to a long gun, which is a whole different matter :Canuck:).

Pfft.  First, it's easier to say "long gun" than it is to say "rifle or shotgun".

Second, since Canadian law restricts  any firearm with a barrel length of less than 470mm, there is a legal distinction between a long gun and other types of firearms.

So in short, up yours.   :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2009, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 03, 2009, 01:46:32 PM

Pfft.  First, it's easier to say "long gun" than it is to say "rifle or shotgun".

Second, since Canadian law restricts  any firearm with a barrel length of less than 470mm, there is a legal distinction between a long gun and other types of firearms.

So in short, up yours.   :P

still sounds completely stupid. It's a rifle of course it's long.

ask any hunter over 30 if he carries a rifle or a long gun.

I'll call it a long gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands. :p
:p

Slargos

The term "rifle" is ridiculous.

The barrel of a pistol is also rifled.

No, the proper term is of course "Gevär" or if you wish to get prussian, "Gewehr".

Tonitrus

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on December 03, 2009, 01:50:21 PM
That's exactly the gun I'm talking about that jammed on me 50% of the time.  :mad:

:unsure:  Really?  I've never had one, but I didn't think revolvers could jam like that without being really dirty or something.

Still...I guess you could just hit someone with it from across the room if it jams:

derspiess

I'm biased of course, but I went for the Glock 19.  The 26 is a really nice CCW pistol, if that is the angle you wanted to go for. 

And FWIW I'm pretty impressed that the inevitable M1911 hijack got in as early as the 3rd reply.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

:huh: *checks* Oops, I thought that gun was called an M&P 500 for some reason... but it's just an M&P (and in this case was a 9mm compact). :blush:

I've actually never fired a revolver.