News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Afghanistan News: Obama says NO to everything!

Started by CountDeMoney, November 11, 2009, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 17, 2009, 01:05:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
It is rather funny, really.

Everyone hates their own system, but is convinced that the only thing worse is the "other" system.
:lol:  I know.  We need to find the country that's happy with their system and then we can all copy it.

Taiwan.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on November 18, 2009, 12:33:13 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 11:57:07 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on November 17, 2009, 05:28:02 PM
I've been invited to give a speech about Afghanistan strategy on January 11th.  I'll post the video afterwards.
Have you worked out what the general theme will be yet?
My audience will mostly be opposed to our involvement in Afghanistan on either libertarian or jacksonian grounds, so I will in part have to make a case for our long-term comittment to Afghanistan.  I'll have to explain the difference between counterterrorism and counterinsurgency.  I'll also will have to be prepared to talk about Obama's decision (if any) and obama's decision-making process, though I'm not sure if I address it as part of my speech or only during question-ad-answer session.  That will probably depend in part what decision (if any) Obama eventually makes.

I'll have over a month to get ready so that is plenty of time.  I only had two days to prepare the speech about the evolution of military tactics during GWOT and less than two weeks for the speech on Iran, so this gives me a long time to prepare.

Hansy must be doing the Robert Bork Roast over at The Federalist Society.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2009, 07:11:54 PM
Carl Levin and David Obey have proposed paying for any troop increase in Afghanistan with....a tax surcharge on the rich!  :D
They need to pay their fair share.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2009, 07:15:36 PM

Everyone hates their own system, but is convinced that the only thing worse is the "other" system.
:lol:  I know.  We need to find the country that's happy with their system and then we can all copy it.

Taiwan.
Wrong, Taiwan is not a country.  Nice try.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 23, 2009, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2009, 07:15:36 PM

Taiwan.
Wrong, Taiwan is not a country.  Nice try.

Fuck you.  Their national healthcare system sure as shit isn't managed from Beijing, you commie cocksucking douchebag.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2009, 04:50:51 PM
What are the Jacksonian grounds for opposing involvement in Afghanistan? :huh:

No Indians there.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 25, 2009, 01:59:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2009, 04:50:51 PM
What are the Jacksonian grounds for opposing involvement in Afghanistan? :huh:

No Indians there.
But they're not that far off either.

Caliga

-_-

My spouse is Native American and as such I am SEVERELY ANGERED (on her behalf) by the use of the term 'Indian' to refer to Native Americans.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 03:39:47 PM
-_-

My spouse is Native American and as such I am SEVERELY ANGERED (on her behalf) by the use of the term 'Indian' to refer to Native Americans.  :mad:

redskins.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I'm supposedly Indian and I am SEVERELY ANGERED (on my behalf) by the use of the term 'Indian' to refer to Native Americans. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

-_-

I like the term "Aboriginal American". It is much more accurate than "Indian" (obviously) or "Native American", which is just as lame since *I* am a native American, as is anyone born in America.

For some reason the term "aboriginal American" isn't all that popular though...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HisMajestyBOB

Australian natives got dibs on "aborigine" or "aboriginal X". :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

-_-

Princessa has a job, and is thus not truly native.  She's an Uncle Tom.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.