More Than 200,000 Animals Slaughtered at Nepal Sacrifice Festival

Started by KRonn, November 24, 2009, 11:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Wait...what? I thought hindus tended towards vegitarianism and being nice to animals? How...odd
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 24, 2009, 08:30:18 PM
Wait...what? I thought hindus tended towards vegitarianism and being nice to animals? How...odd
I think only Brahmins are veggie.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2009, 08:31:26 PM
I think only Brahmins are veggie.
Tended towards I said, they're still not meant to be such huge meat eaters and are supposed to believe in reincarnation and hence being decent to animals and all that sort of thing. Sacrifice isn't what comes to mind when you think hindu.

Also: I must cry out logic fail.
Centuries old tradition to bring luck- yet Nepal is a pretty crappy country as it has been for centuries....
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on November 24, 2009, 08:33:26 PM
Also: I must cry out logic fail.
Centuries old tradition to bring luck- yet Nepal is a pretty crappy country as it has been for centuries....
People have all sorts of wacky beliefs.  Your people felt that they should have the right to make a fat living from mining coal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

40% of Indians are vegetarian if you include dairy and eggs.  The percent of Hindu vegetarians would be even higher as it is very rare among muslimbs.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2009, 08:05:29 PM
Brigette Bardot. :bleeding: Crap..she's still alive?

I mean seriously who pays attention to her?
Are you: Brigette Bardot-bot?
PDH!

Duque de Bragança