News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2010 - Quick and Pretty

Started by I Killed Kenny, November 02, 2009, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Killed Kenny

I'm in love with the new 2010.

The way things are organized is better than before. The Staff is much more important than before, with lots of Infos and Hints, they really take some work from me.

The Tactics are very different, I still don't know if I like them or not.

By far the best FM I ever played

The Larch

Which are the technical requirements? I've read that it's faster than '09, so I'm hopeful about my old laptop's chances of running it.

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: The Larch on November 02, 2009, 09:52:51 AM
Which are the technical requirements? I've read that it's faster than '09, so I'm hopeful about my old laptop's chances of running it.
I played the demo with an old computer that I used to play 2009, but right now I'm using a faster computer.

And as far as I can see, no major bugs

Josquius

Where'd you read this?

As I said in the other thread that is my big putting off factor about this game.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2009, 09:03:04 AM
Where'd you read this?

As I said in the other thread that is my big putting off factor about this game.

Performance reviews by betatesters.

To clarify: They say that if you run '09 and '10 in the same machine with the same setup, '10 is faster.

The Larch

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on November 02, 2009, 07:34:58 PM
I played the demo with an old computer that I used to play 2009, but right now I'm using a faster computer.

And as far as I can see, no major bugs

How much RAM do you have on both computers?

katmai

I can't say how your laptop would do Larchie, but it seems to run faster on my desktop than '09.

Enjoying it, playing as my Seattle Sounders, enjoying the redone tactics and new touchline instructions during game which makes it less of hassle to change tactics on fly.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 01:23:21 PM
I can't say how your laptop would do Larchie, but it seems to run faster on my desktop than '09.

Enjoying it, playing as my Seattle Sounders, enjoying the redone tactics and new touchline instructions during game which makes it less of hassle to change tactics on fly.

What about the staff advice?

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on November 03, 2009, 01:36:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2009, 01:23:21 PM

What about the staff advice?

I like it, gives the feel of much more interaction with team.

bogh

Downloaded the demo tonight. It seems faster on my PC, but that might just be the league and data base settings.

I really like the additions. 3d matches work well, sideline orders was something I longed for in 2009 and the interface seems very well laid out (takes a little getting used too, naturally). I think the assistant advice is good and cuts down on the micro-management in a good way.

I'll probably pick it up next week or so. Too much of a time waster before after my talent program assessment...

Viking

Has anybody tried it with multiple leagues? Journeyman style game with 10 - 15 leagues. I want to know if there have been performance issues and your specs if you have tried with so many leagues.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: Viking on November 03, 2009, 10:14:07 PM
Has anybody tried it with multiple leagues? Journeyman style game with 10 - 15 leagues. I want to know if there have been performance issues and your specs if you have tried with so many leagues.

I always run it with the following
USA-MLS
Mexico-2 divisions
UK-all divisions
Spain-2 divisions
Italy-3 divisions
Germany-2 divisions

Seems to be fine

Viking

Quote from: katmai on November 04, 2009, 01:12:55 AM
Quote from: Viking on November 03, 2009, 10:14:07 PM

I always run it with the following
USA-MLS
Mexico-2 divisions
UK-all divisions
Spain-2 divisions
Italy-3 divisions
Germany-2 divisions

Seems to be fine

CPU and RAM?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

2.2 ghz dual core amd (three years old)
2gb ram

Josquius

Dual cores are so old?...blimey. I'm behind the times.

With 2008 (or was it 2007...) I always ran with the Spanish, Scottish, Italian and English leagues on my crappy little 2ghz, 1gb laptop.
██████
██████
██████