News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2010 - Quick and Pretty

Started by I Killed Kenny, November 02, 2009, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I've noticed something odd, when it comes to defending (corners and the like) my right/left midfielders always seem to switch sides...the left one goes into the right wing back position and vice versa, really weird.

Oh, and does anyone know the shortcut for 'save as'?
██████
██████
██████

Viking

My favourite personal gripe right now is all the defenders who clear the ball across the back line giving away a corner, not to mention goalkeepers going after opposing balls and then managing to catch them just before they take the ball across the back line giving away a corner rather than the expected goalkick and finally the backpasses from attacking midfielders and strikers backpassing to their own goalkeepers. With this engine you need goalkeepers with good ball control.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

bogh

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Done the demo. Bought the game, downloaded from GG. Patched it with the PC disc patch. Had to uninstall, and re-install.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

bogh

BVN

Josephus

Finished my first season.  :)

As Liverpool I, typically, had a crappy domestic season. I finished seventh in the league and was eliminated from knockout tournaments fairly early on. BUT--I did win the Champions League 1-0 over Barca :)

Note, since installing the new patch, it's gotten harder to score. I doubt Torres will get 35 goals next season.

I'm gonna try my luck with Toronto FC next.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josquius

I'm home for xmas so have my desktop, I've installed it there too and....wow :wub:
Playing with the 3D views is amazing.

Sunderland are...hard.
I finished 5th in the league and won the FA cup (yey) but signings wise...we're too middling.
Bargains are too crap to play for us whilst if I go for expensive players then its one per season. hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Viking

In the most bonehead move I have yet seen in FM2010 my left back Roman Varyvoda (regen) from around 10 meters short of the half way line on the left wing did a back pass to the keeper. It hit the fucking horizontal woodwork. That would have been the most amazing own goal ever in the history of Football Manager had it just been two inches lower.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Heh, I've seen players do dumb back passes many times, never nearly scoring though.
I remember one when most of my players were up, the opposition was totally on the defense and panicing to get its men back before I scored. My left winger and left back do some good passing amongst themselves and the winger is on the edge of the box ready for a cross to my players waiting in the middle...instead though the game burps and he whacks it back to the keeper :s
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2010, 08:18:24 AM
Heh, I've seen players do dumb back passes many times, never nearly scoring though.
I remember one when most of my players were up, the opposition was totally on the defense and panicing to get its men back before I scored. My left winger and left back do some good passing amongst themselves and the winger is on the edge of the box ready for a cross to my players waiting in the middle...instead though the game burps and he whacks it back to the keeper :s

There are three rules I learned playing defense

1) Passes back to keepers should not be in the direction of the goal, the goalie might miss it.
2) Never pass across the face of the goal.
3) Don't clear to a corner unless you have no other option.

Defenders in FM2010 do this all the time, they didn't do it 2009 and earlier.

Josquius

I just won a game 8-1 (we fell asleep in the last minute :()
The headline.... Sunderland simply gr-eight.
:bleeding:

I still can't beat Chelsea though.

Marco Veratti is where its at.
His stats don't look so good but he's amazing, I even made a mistake pre match and had him as a ball winning midfielder and he ruled!
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2010, 09:05:16 AM
I just won a game 8-1 (we fell asleep in the last minute :()
The headline.... Sunderland simply gr-eight.
:bleeding:

I still can't beat Chelsea though.

Marco Veratti is where its at.
His stats don't look so good but he's amazing, I even made a mistake pre match and had him as a ball winning midfielder and he ruled!

I beat sunderland 4-0 last time , biggest win was 6-1 against burnley. It's good to have Roman Abramovich's money.