Main Menu

FM 2010 - Quick and Pretty

Started by I Killed Kenny, November 02, 2009, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sahib

Quote from: Viking on November 20, 2009, 05:28:37 AM
damn fucking computer crashes!! and the fm forums agree with me... I'm saving every 14 days.

Seems to be tied with the memory being used. Don't load fuckton of leagues and restart if you play several hours.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Josquius

Mine has been stable.
Which is odd as my computer normally makes everything crash
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Sahib on November 20, 2009, 05:42:35 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 20, 2009, 05:28:37 AM
damn fucking computer crashes!! and the fm forums agree with me... I'm saving every 14 days.

Seems to be tied with the memory being used. Don't load fuckton of leagues and restart if you play several hours.

my pagefile.sys is fucking 4 gig. I need more fucking ram.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

I've never played FM before, though always wanted to. :) So I decided to download the demo and started up as Liverpool, proceeding to beat the L'pool reseves 3-1, with Torres getting two goals.

Anyways, I'd probably download the full version at some point. I just have two questions.

1. The game seems straightforward enough, with lots of help tools. But I'm wondering is there adequate documentation with the game for the newbie?

2. Is there sound? My demo seems rather quiet.

3. What online options are there for playing?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on November 21, 2009, 02:39:59 PM
2. Is there sound? My demo seems rather quiet.
There's no crowd watching reserve vs. 1st team practice matches. People turn up to proper games. But still, the sound is more an annoyance to me than anything

3. What online options are there for playing?

Lots. But I steer clear
██████
██████
██████

Sahib

There's no sound in demo (at least the vanilla version). There is in the full game, but it doesn't really amount to much (some noise during games)
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Josephus

Is this game supposed to be this addicitive? :cry:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

I recently got my hands into a flash based Spectrum emulator and spent some time yesterday playing the '82 version of Football Manager. Man, even back then it was addictive.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2009, 07:03:17 AM
I recently got my hands into a flash based Spectrum emulator and spent some time yesterday playing the '82 version of Football Manager. Man, even back then it was addictive.
This the one where everyone just has one numeric stat so you can put them in any old position?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on November 23, 2009, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2009, 07:03:17 AM
This the one where everyone just has one numeric stat so you can put them in any old position?

It's slightly more sophisticated. Players have two stats, ability (from 1 to 5) and energy (from 1 to 20), and three positions, defence, midfield and attack. No goalies, though. The higher the ability, the better, and low energy may lead to injury. And basically that's it.

Pedrito

Got it, installed it, and having lots of fun with it.

Pros: The new tactics system is really good, the staff advice is useful, the new interface I like.

Cons: Sideline shouts don't seem to be so effective, there seems to be a problem/bug with long range shots (but with the correct tactics you can at least reduce them), the training system must be completely rethinked/revamped.

addictiveness is sky high, as usual.

Plans for the future: winning the Champions League; filing a scout report for all the 23000+ players in my database, with the exception of those aged 32+

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

What club did you take charge of P. ?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Pedrito

As always, I start a new game playing my beloved Juventus FC, in Serie A; usually I resign after a few years and start a wandering carreer, but this hasn't happened to me since the time of CM99/00 (around), 'ccause I haven't got so much time to play as I'd like  :(

One of the most fun games I've ever hasd was, CM97/98, after the usual 3-4 years at Juve, I signed for Tottenham and managed the team for 6 or 7 years; with this year's iteration I was baffled to discover that the hot young prospect of Tottenham '98, Steffen Iversen, is still in the game and plays in some scandinavian leauge, IIRC in Norway  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: