News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2010 - Quick and Pretty

Started by I Killed Kenny, November 02, 2009, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

My defence sucks. They're always too far forward so they get the ball over them for the opposition strikers to run onto a go off alone.
There's no defensive line option on the new tactics system either <_<
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

I think there is a defensive line option. But I could be wrong. I'm just an addicted newb learning my way around. But if you fart around the "advanced" team tactics, I'm pretty sure I saw a defensive line option.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Indeed there is a def line option under advanced options.
Josi you twit :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: Pedrito on November 26, 2009, 07:16:44 AM
As always, I start a new game playing my beloved Juventus FC, in Serie A; usually I resign after a few years and start a wandering carreer, but this hasn't happened to me since the time of CM99/00 (around), 'ccause I haven't got so much time to play as I'd like  :(

One of the most fun games I've ever hasd was, CM97/98, after the usual 3-4 years at Juve, I signed for Tottenham and managed the team for 6 or 7 years; with this year's iteration I was baffled to discover that the hot young prospect of Tottenham '98, Steffen Iversen, is still in the game and plays in some scandinavian leauge, IIRC in Norway  :lol:

L.

Little Ivers plays at my beloved (and League Champions) Rosenborg where he is well on his way to becoming a club legend just like his father before him. He plays regularly for the Norwegian National Team with John Carew up on top. His usual injury prone-ness stayed behind at Wolverhampton and Tottenham before that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sahib

I started in the Polish Second Division (Third Tier), unlockable by the editor. Boy do this guys sucks. I'm managing supposed promotion favorites and by some miracle we're near top but still can't score anything. No mater the final results, I'm going to leave this underachieving failures by the end of the season and never, ever manage in this league again.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Pedrito

An extremely interesting thread featuring some excellent new insight on training here, from the Sigames forums:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62706

The interesting part starts around page 3.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

fuck this shit.. my Chelsea team is "overawed by playing against more presitigious teams" AND "complacent when playing teams with lower reputation"

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

I just won a game 8-2.
Which was odd.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2009, 11:46:33 AM
I just won a game 8-2.
Which was odd.

Tottenham just won a game 9-1 :contract: reality is stranger than fiction.

Josephus

Was doing well with Lpool. But now I haven't won in four, after a great start. Not doing much different. Except Torres keeps getting injured.  :mad: And L'pool really has no depth.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Hate.

Scorching hot, flaming, raging hate.

HATE.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

katmai

Would you like to share with the class p?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Pedrito

Ok, a not so quick recap of the situation:

My team, Juventus, had bit of a shaky start in the league, two causes for this: a very difficult series of fixtures (Inter and Roma away, Fiorentina (highly overpowered IMO) at home); and the new tactics system and the sideline shouts need some time to adjust to them, and the friendly fixtures arranged by the pc are good only to gain physical fitness, because they're usually against too weak opponents to pose a real threat for your tactics.

After about 10 games I was lagging 7-8 points behind the leading teams, while having mixed results in my Champions League group (I qualified as second, behind Man Utd), so I decided to stop experimenting with tactics and stick to my usual, and bomb-proof: 4-4-2 diamond, switching to 4-4-2 straight when I need two strong midifielders on the pitch.

Although I've experimented one of the worst streaks of injuries ever happened in a FM game (up to 6 first team players out at the same time), the team started grinding good results, and slowly climbed the chart: yesterday, after 25 league matches, the team was second, one point behind Inter; in the CL we got a good 2-0 win at home against Bayern Munich in the quarter finals, the next fixtures are: at home versus Bologna, a serious contender for relegation (17th in the league); Roma away (!); and the return leg of CL quarter finals against Bayern. Ah, the injuried players are back, and in good form.

I throw against Bologna a very good team, not the best possible because I want to keep 3 or 4 of my star players to get too tired /injured for the two upcoming big matches, but a very solid team nonetheless. Usual tactics, usual pre-team speech, I am confident.

Results?

Bologna wins 0-1, goal scored at 87' from a corner kick, THE ONLY ONE CORNER KICK FOR BOLOGNA, after we completely dominated the match. WTF.
Our stats: 22 shots, 4 clear cuts, 18 corners, 59% ball possession.  DOUBLE WTF.

and a huge hit on morale, that will surely affect my players for the upcoming matches. I think this match will cost me the league.

HATE.
HATEHATEHATE.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Viking

Quote from: Pedrito on December 02, 2009, 04:04:21 AM
Ok, a not so quick recap of the situation:

My team, Juventus, had bit of a shaky start in the league, two causes for this: a very difficult series of fixtures (Inter and Roma away, Fiorentina (highly overpowered IMO) at home); and the new tactics system and the sideline shouts need some time to adjust to them, and the friendly fixtures arranged by the pc are good only to gain physical fitness, because they're usually against too weak opponents to pose a real threat for your tactics.

After about 10 games I was lagging 7-8 points behind the leading teams, while having mixed results in my Champions League group (I qualified as second, behind Man Utd), so I decided to stop experimenting with tactics and stick to my usual, and bomb-proof: 4-4-2 diamond, switching to 4-4-2 straight when I need two strong midifielders on the pitch.

Although I've experimented one of the worst streaks of injuries ever happened in a FM game (up to 6 first team players out at the same time), the team started grinding good results, and slowly climbed the chart: yesterday, after 25 league matches, the team was second, one point behind Inter; in the CL we got a good 2-0 win at home against Bayern Munich in the quarter finals, the next fixtures are: at home versus Bologna, a serious contender for relegation (17th in the league); Roma away (!); and the return leg of CL quarter finals against Bayern. Ah, the injuried players are back, and in good form.

I throw against Bologna a very good team, not the best possible because I want to keep 3 or 4 of my star players to get too tired /injured for the two upcoming big matches, but a very solid team nonetheless. Usual tactics, usual pre-team speech, I am confident.

Results?

Bologna wins 0-1, goal scored at 87' from a corner kick, THE ONLY ONE CORNER KICK FOR BOLOGNA, after we completely dominated the match. WTF.
Our stats: 22 shots, 4 clear cuts, 18 corners, 59% ball possession.  DOUBLE WTF.

and a huge hit on morale, that will surely affect my players for the upcoming matches. I think this match will cost me the league.

HATE.
HATEHATEHATE.

L.

I know the feeling. Play a few games against your reserves and youth team, win 5-0 and boost morale.

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on December 02, 2009, 04:04:21 AM
Fiorentina (highly overpowered IMO) at home)

Is Montolivo dubbing as Baggio reincarnated or what?  :P