North American: No
European: Yes
European: No
Asian: Yes
Asian: No
Other: Yes
Other: No

Ed Anger

I think I feel the flu assaulting my system. And since I had the regular flu shot, I bet it is the oink variety.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Even if you hadn't had the seasonal flu shot, odds are like 98% it is the oink variety.

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on November 12, 2009, 02:44:50 PM

No, I'm high risk. For the last few years, I've had chronic and severe recurring bronchitis (the one thing that finally forced me to quit smoking, or face probable death  :( ).

Doc told me to go, I just didn't wanna face 6 hour lines.

I used to get that, and I never smoked!

Then a couple years ago I had it with "pneumonia-like" complications, whatever the fuck that means, then...nothing since.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on November 18, 2009, 11:27:36 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 12, 2009, 02:44:50 PM

No, I'm high risk. For the last few years, I've had chronic and severe recurring bronchitis (the one thing that finally forced me to quit smoking, or face probable death  :( ).

Doc told me to go, I just didn't wanna face 6 hour lines.

I used to get that, and I never smoked!

Then a couple years ago I had it with "pneumonia-like" complications, whatever the fuck that means, then...nothing since.

I haven't had it at all this fall (knock wood!). Usually, I get it when the weather turns cold, like clockwork.

I dunno if smoking *caused* it, but it sure as shit did not help once I had it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Max used to get that. Then, he got a job working with sulfur. Hasn't had a problem since. Great stuff, that sulfur. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

saskganesh

vaccinations are finally available for the general public. I am going to wait and see about lineups as I cannot spend a whole day in line.
humans were created in their own image

Lucidor

Quote from: saskganesh on November 19, 2009, 06:47:22 PM
vaccinations are finally available for the general public. I am going to wait and see about lineups as I cannot spend a whole day in line.
Quite counterproductive just vaccinating the ones that have the time to wait in line a day if you want to vaccinate to reduce absency from the workplace... :D

sbr

The Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santas, the Santa's union, says they should be given high priority for the vaccination.

http://www.popfi.com/2009/11/19/santa-demands-the-swine-flu-vaccine/

QuoteAmong the many groups of folks who get swine flu vaccine priority are child-care workers like teachers, daycare employees, medical personnel, and those sorts of people.  Given that swine flu is everywhere, people are jockeying for a place on the swine flu priority list.  There are only so many vaccines to go around, and thousands of people want them.  That's why one group of public employees, the Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santas, is asking that Santa Clauses throughout the US get bumped ahead of normal people on the swine flu vaccine list.  They consider themselves a high risk group.

It might be an easily dismissed request, but once I started to think about it... it is perfectly reasonable.  The average Santa has to go through hundreds of kids in an 8-hour shift of picture-taking.  Given that Christmas is right around the corner, who do you think is going to handle more sniffly, sneezy, snotty little kids than all of those groups mentioned above?  Right, Santa.  Just imagine how many kids could get infected by one ill Father Christmas!

Grallon

A batch of vaccine was pulled after they discovered a rate of allergic reactions to it 5 times the norm...

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/manitoba/article.aspx?cp-documentid=22663017

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Looking at the symptoms of a flu, I might have had it on Tuesday, but it was resolved by Thursday morning.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on November 20, 2009, 04:09:28 AM
The Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santas, the Santa's union, says they should be given high priority for the vaccination.

http://www.popfi.com/2009/11/19/santa-demands-the-swine-flu-vaccine/

QuoteAmong the many groups of folks who get swine flu vaccine priority are child-care workers like teachers, daycare employees, medical personnel, and those sorts of people.  Given that swine flu is everywhere, people are jockeying for a place on the swine flu priority list.  There are only so many vaccines to go around, and thousands of people want them.  That's why one group of public employees, the Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santas, is asking that Santa Clauses throughout the US get bumped ahead of normal people on the swine flu vaccine list.  They consider themselves a high risk group.

It might be an easily dismissed request, but once I started to think about it... it is perfectly reasonable.  The average Santa has to go through hundreds of kids in an 8-hour shift of picture-taking.  Given that Christmas is right around the corner, who do you think is going to handle more sniffly, sneezy, snotty little kids than all of those groups mentioned above?  Right, Santa.  Just imagine how many kids could get infected by one ill Father Christmas!
Santas that are public employees? :huh:

Drakken

Quote from: saskganesh on November 19, 2009, 06:47:22 PM

In Quebec, they staunchily refuse to speed up the process for the general public, even though vaccination clinics are currently wastelands in Montreal. But with 1,1 million doses expected next week, witholding the general population until December 7th will become less and less tenable. So I expect our turn will come by the end of November.

Starting today, though, all people aged 65 ans over, including the healthy ones, can get vaccinated in several regions of the province.

saskganesh

well, I have moved and no longer have proof of address, so I cannot get an OHIP card issued to met yet. therefore no free shot for me until that's all resolved.
humans were created in their own image

Drakken

Quote from: saskganesh on November 20, 2009, 05:03:27 PM
well, I have moved and no longer have proof of address, so I cannot get an OHIP card issued to met yet. therefore no free shot for me until that's all resolved.

Can't you present yourself with another proof of residence, like a phone bill?

Josephus

Still haven't had the flu shot and still have no plans to.

I'm still alive, you'll be sad to hear. My daily paper this morning has a whole article about how this flu is merely a mild variant, and like bird flu, SARS etc, the risk has been overly exaggerated.

Hey, Sask...where did you move to?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011