North American: No
European: Yes
European: No
Asian: Yes
Asian: No
Other: Yes
Other: No

Grallon

The canadian flu shot campaign began yesterday and since we keep being bombarded by real-time newsfeed about it I'm getting very jittery.  Originally I did not intend to get the shot but now I'm wondering.  On the one hand you keep hearing all kinds of horror stories about getting vaccinated and becoming sick like a dog - on the other what if I don't and I do catch something?

So here's a tally of who intends to do what.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Larch

QuoteOn the other what if I don't and I do catch something?

That something is basically a run of the mill flu. Do you get shots for the seasonal one as well?

Brazen

No. It's just another type of flu and I'm at no greater risk of any serious effects than any other strain. I'd rather not be almost certainly quite ill from the jab than stand a small chance of getting very ill from the bug.

My dad and my bloke both have heart problems, so they'll be getting one on top of the basic flu jab they already get.

Grey Fox

By the time I get access to the shot it'll be mid-december. Probably too late.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

I've already been well and truly exposed, not much point.

Slargos

As far as I know, I'm not in the at-risk group that needs the shot per se, and as such I don't see a huge reason to get the shot.

What would push me over into the yes camp is the consideration I need to take in relation to my nieces.

I really don't know, but I am not worried.

Cerr

I most likely had it already so there isn't any need to get vaccinated.

Richard Hakluyt

No, won't be getting the shot. I've never had flu so figure my chances of evading this one are good. Our youngest had it a couple of weeks ago but none of the rest of us got it.

Different for a member of an at risk group of course.

Darth Wagtaros

I got a seasonal flu shot for the first time.  I haven't gotten the flu in many years.  I am not worried about swine flu. 
PDH!

Lucidor

I got it. Working in the medical field; can't be at home sleeping it off if people need help for it.

Josquius

I'm too lazy.
And it'd probally cost me money here (damn capitalist Swedish health system).
So no
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2009, 07:46:02 AM
By the time I get access to the shot it'll be mid-december. Probably too late.

It's been nice knowing you GF.  :(
:P

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

I got the seasonal flu shot; I've been getting that every year since I've worked at a hospital. I don't work in health care but the hospital gives them to all employees who want it, and being in the over all environment, I feel it's a good idea to get the shot.

I'll get the swine flu shot if it's offered. So far it's in short supply, and health care providers will get the H1N1 vaccination first, as makes sense. Looks like it may be available later in the season for others, don't know, so I'm not sure now if I'll get it.

Valdemar

In my special conditions I am normally advised ot get the seasonal one, even if I haven't so far, because the effects of a flu is a more active immunesystem, something I take medicine to avoid :)

BUT

the Swineflu shot contains not only a vaccine but also an immunesystem booster, which would be very bad news for me. So far the experts are divided, I'm part risk group, but the sideeffects might be harsher than the flyu and as such I should not get it.

So far I've decided not to.

V

Malthus

I'll get it. I've had flu shots for years, no bad effects.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius