News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Be careful what you post on Facebook

Started by Caliga, October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I just discovered in a rather roundabout way using FB that a friend of mine's fiancee is cheating on him.  No, I will not be sharing his/her name with any of you who are friended to me. :zipped:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Tease!

Die!

Spit it out, asshole. or you know, is she hot?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM
I just discovered in a rather roundabout way using FB that a friend of mine's fiancee is cheating on him.  No, I will not be sharing his/her name with any of you who are friended to me. :zipped:

Pics?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

PRC

Caliga

Not intended to be a tease, really. -_-

But here's the method by which discovery occurred: the guy she is cheating with just opened an FB account and posted an album of pics of the two of them.  One of the pics had another girl in it (all three were in this photo) who I happen to be friended to.  Therefore, that photo showed up on my news feed.  With Facebook, if a photo gets dropped onto your news feed then you are also granted rights to view the entire associated album even if you aren't friended to that person.

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 21, 2009, 11:53:21 AM
Tell him.
Done already.  My loyalty is to him.  She's a nice enough girl but she's been torturing him lately and would give him no reason why... like she made him move out of their house a few months ago without giving him a concrete explanation.

frunk

Sounds like it was headed south anyway.

Martinus

I think it's less the case of "be careful what you post" (since she didn't post it) but be careful who you are friends with on Facebook.

Caliga

Quote from: frunk on October 21, 2009, 12:01:46 PM
Sounds like it was headed south anyway.
Oh, it was, but she was not giving him concrete reasons why, like I said... and he was beating himself up trying to figure out what he'd done and what he could do, if anything, to make things right.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 21, 2009, 11:53:21 AM
Tell him.
Done already.  My loyalty is to him.  She's a nice enough girl but she's been torturing him lately and would give him no reason why... like she made him move out of their house a few months ago without giving him a concrete explanation.

When a women forces you to move out the relationship is *over*.  Why does your buddy think they still were in a relationship?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Dude, I have no idea, but he kept saying "I don't know what's happening", "I don't know what's happening", and so forth.  Well, now he knows. :mellow:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 12:15:38 PM
Dude, I have no idea, but he kept saying "I don't know what's happening", "I don't know what's happening", and so forth.  Well, now he knows. :mellow:

He's not very bright I'm guessing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 12:18:42 PM
He's not very bright I'm guessing.
Actually he is, but some people are blinded by love.

I have to say that, when he first told me about the problems a month or so ago, my first thought was that she was cheating, but of course I had no evidence or anything.

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on October 21, 2009, 11:54:23 AM
How can you be positive?
There are multiple pics of them embracing, etc. with comments from his friends like "dude when can I meet her" and stuff. :contract: