And we're back!

Main Menu

Be careful what you post on Facebook

Started by Caliga, October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I'm Cal's imaginary friend already. Unless I defriend him.  :menace:

The Larch

I think that the full sentence should be "Be careful what you post on Facebook...if you do stuff that you don't want people to know about". Personally, I'm totally cool with anything on me that goes around there, as it's pretty harmless stuff, and the "riskier" things get shelved in secret groups.  :ph34r:

Ideologue

All my friends are ultimately imaginary. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

My RL friends and I use a private forum. I have nothing but contempt for Facebook.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I live my life quite openly on Facebook. Professional business, private life drama, it's all there. I don't hide my life behind veils of secrecy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

It's less about secrecy and more about not feeling myself so interesting that I need to share every dump I take with the world.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 21, 2009, 03:19:17 PM
That's not good.
They can never stab him in the back or move to Alaska.
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2009, 03:26:00 PM
It's less about secrecy and more about not feeling myself so interesting that I need to share every dump I take with the world.

Funny you should say that.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 03:20:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 21, 2009, 03:19:17 PM
That's not good.

But solipsism has worked out so well for me so far. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 01:26:06 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 01:17:33 PM
FB is kind of weird. It is pretty neat to get in touch with some people, on the other hand, I feel like I don't "do my part" in that posting crap all the time seems so inane to me. 90% of what people post I could NEVER imagine posting myself. Who fucking cares, really?
Exactly.  I post maybe once ever 2-3 weeks.  OTOH I have friends who post like 20 times a day with the most inane nonsense imaginable.

"I'm thinking..."
"I'm tired!"
"I have a headache :("
"I'm going to the gym now!"
"I'm bored lol"

...and so forth.

Correcto. We have a couple that post frequesntly. Fahdiz? Wags? a few more I think. Who else post frequently?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Darth Wagtaros

I post the weird crap when I have absolutely nothing else to do or need a break by tossing out inane crap.  Anywhere from every few hours to every few days, leaning towards once every two or three days.
PDH!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Fahdiz does post alot, but his posts are often amusing so I don't mind.  It's often AND inane that is kind of a no-no.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien