News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Be careful what you post on Facebook

Started by Caliga, October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

BTW Cal, did you post this already on FB? :)

@ Berkie, I feel the same, hell, have not logged on in a few days.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 11:55:36 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 21, 2009, 11:53:21 AM
Tell him.
Done already.  My loyalty is to him.  She's a nice enough girl but she's been torturing him lately and would give him no reason why... like she made him move out of their house a few months ago without giving him a concrete explanation.

Bros before Hos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 21, 2009, 01:19:29 PM
BTW Cal, did you post this already on FB? :)

@ Berkie, I feel the same, hell, have not logged on in a few days.
:lol: No.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 01:17:33 PM
FB is kind of weird. It is pretty neat to get in touch with some people, on the other hand, I feel like I don't "do my part" in that posting crap all the time seems so inane to me. 90% of what people post I could NEVER imagine posting myself. Who fucking cares, really?
Exactly.  I post maybe once ever 2-3 weeks.  OTOH I have friends who post like 20 times a day with the most inane nonsense imaginable.

"I'm thinking..."
"I'm tired!"
"I have a headache :("
"I'm going to the gym now!"
"I'm bored lol"

...and so forth.

Ed Anger

I think I lasted 3 posts with twitter. And those were about bowel movements IIRC.

DontSayBanana

Meh.  I check Facebook daily, but I don't post or even comment frequently at all.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 12:07:40 PM
I think it's less the case of "be careful what you post" (since she didn't post it) but be careful who you are friends with on Facebook.
*Marti rushes to defriend Cal*  :(

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 01:17:33 PM
FB is kind of weird. It is pretty neat to get in touch with some people, on the other hand, I feel like I don't "do my part" in that posting crap all the time seems so inane to me. 90% of what people post I could NEVER imagine posting myself. Who fucking cares, really?

On the other hand, some of it is very cool, and I suspect that difference has more to do with whether I give a shit about the person posting, rather than the actual content of their posts.
Maybe. 

I don't go out of my way to put serious stuff on there, and think it odd that other people do.  But I bet in certain circumstances it can be a great way to get the word out about something important.
PDH!

Grey Fox

I check FB, I rarely post, maybe once every 2 months.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Actually, some of our posters treat Languish like FB. "What do you guys think about my new shoes???"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 01:52:39 PM
Actually, some of our posters treat Languish like FB. "What do you guys think about my new shoes???"

I deliberately post my inane bullshit on here, since my girlfriends' parents can't read it on here. :contract:
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 12:07:40 PM
I think it's less the case of "be careful what you post" (since she didn't post it) but be careful who you are friends with on Facebook.

That's assuming the other guy did not want to keep it discrete.  But it's always a good idea to be careful of what you post.  It amazes me how many people start with the assumption of privacy when dealing with duh innernetz.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga