News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Be careful what you post on Facebook

Started by Caliga, October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on October 22, 2009, 02:15:59 AM
I post a lot on facebook, out of boredom, mostly.

I've been told that I post quite a bit, but Marti or Brazen have never complained about that.  :P

Ank once scolded me for doing a "Which character are you in Friends?" test once, though.  -_-

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on October 22, 2009, 05:33:56 AM

I've been told that I post quite a bit, but Marti or Brazen have never complained about that.  :P

I wouldn't know <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on October 22, 2009, 05:35:24 AM

I wouldn't know <_<

:console:  :hug:

If you had come to Philly...

Martinus

Ank once scolded me for doing a "Which character are you in Friends?" test once, though.  -_-

I'm friends with half of the people in a WoW GLBT guild, many of whom are in their late teens/early twenties.

So yeah, by comparison you are pretty inactive. :P

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 06:15:45 AM

I'm friends with half of the people in a WoW GLBT guild, many of whom are in their late teens/early twenties.

Heh, yeah, for some strange reason the people that tell me that I post a lot are people that have 40-50 friends tops, I've never heard anything from people with 200+ friends.  :lol: And of course demographics count too. Luckily I have no teenagers in my friend list, I'd swear.

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on October 22, 2009, 06:33:25 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 06:15:45 AM

Heh, yeah, for some strange reason the people that tell me that I post a lot are people that have 40-50 friends tops, I've never heard anything from people with 200+ friends.  :lol: And of course demographics count too. Luckily I have no teenagers in my friend list, I'd swear.

That's gay teenagers with ADHD, mister. :P

Still, it's nothing compared to the drama we get in the guild chat. There are maybe 30-40 people in the guild, total. I swear, there is not a day one of these bitches doesn't throw a fit and /gquits, only to be reinvited minutes later.

lustindarkness

We can tell by all the quizes. :) I don't do those and ignore practically every request from apps.
I do find it usefull to text stuff to it while I'm bored travelling and keep friends and family updated of my boring plane delays.  :lol:

And I swear I would like to go to Spain just so Larchie adds me, I felt so rejected. :(

:P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Larch

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 22, 2009, 08:28:35 AMAnd I swear I would like to go to Spain just so Larchie adds me, I felt so rejected. :(

Sorry guys, the only exception I've ever made with my "don't add nobody that I don't know personally" was with a girl I play with in a MMORPG.  :P And sometimes I regret it.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

I've never used Facebook.  I clicked on links to Myspace and Hi5 before but I didn't understand and never went back.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on October 22, 2009, 08:32:15 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on October 22, 2009, 08:28:35 AMAnd I swear I would like to go to Spain just so Larchie adds me, I felt so rejected. :(

Sorry guys, the only exception I've ever made with my "don't add nobody that I don't know personally" was with a girl I play with in a MMORPG.  :P And sometimes I regret it.

Good man. 

I created a Myspace account just for people I know on the internet. And they shall never meet the other secret myspace account.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2009, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 22, 2009, 08:32:15 AM

Good man. 

I created a Myspace account just for people I know on the internet. And they shall never meet the other secret myspace account.

OMG you use Myscape. Grandpa. :nelson:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 06:25:21 PM

I'm curious what people post on their profiles that causes that. Is this the case of them being stupid or you being over-conservative?

It's a case of having a very small work environment with only four people in it. Knowing the personality of the people you're hiring is necessary for a good work environment under those circumstances.

Two of the four we weeded out were youngish and had LOTS of pictures of themselves half-naked, drunk, and all over guys. Two other ones fell into the ultra-conservative camp, and with the other three ladies in the office, it wouldn't really work well.

When you have 40+ people applying for a position, you can have the luxury of weeding them out like this. We pulled the 10 we liked, looked for FB or MySpace pages, and weeded four out. Two others chose not to be interviewed, and that left us with a first pool of four, and another 30+ to look at if none of them worked out.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on October 22, 2009, 02:29:02 PM
Two of the four we weeded out were youngish and had LOTS of pictures of themselves half-naked, drunk, and all over guys.

:(

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius