News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFLatino Week VI

Started by CountDeMoney, October 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Now this one hurts.

QuoteThe Indianapolis Colts announced this morning that they have signed former Ravens kicker Matt Stover.

The team said that kicker Adam Vinatieri has undergone arthroscopic surgery to his right knee and is expected to miss four to eight weeks.

To make room for Stover, the Colts waived defensive tackle Ed Johnson this morning.

Depending on Vinatieri's rehabilitation, Stover could be kicking against the Ravens on Nov. 22 at M&T Bank Stadium.

Punter Pat McAfee handles kickoff duties for the Colts.

Best comment on the boards:

QuoteAt least Indianapolis didn't put Stover in a Mayflower truck in the middle of the night to sign him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2009, 10:11:30 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2009, 10:06:32 PM

:rolleyes:  Yes, the greatest coach in the last 20 years would have run them into the ground.

Really? What does Jimmy Johnson have to do with all this?

I realize you were an infant at the time, but a lot of us happened to watch it him do it to the Browns in real time.

But, since you want to be a little bitch about it, this is what you get for being an alt-history niggerfuck and forgetting real history.

Timmy amuses the fuck out of me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2009, 08:14:27 PM
Because they're afraid showing half empty stadiums on TV will cheapen the brand.

That might make sense if they didn't broadcast the game at all, but since it's only a blackout in the home team's market its just a dick move to sell overpriced tickets.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 06:39:19 AM
Now this one hurts.

QuoteThe Indianapolis Colts announced this morning that they have signed former Ravens kicker Matt Stover.

The team said that kicker Adam Vinatieri has undergone arthroscopic surgery to his right knee and is expected to miss four to eight weeks.

To make room for Stover, the Colts waived defensive tackle Ed Johnson this morning.

Depending on Vinatieri's rehabilitation, Stover could be kicking against the Ravens on Nov. 22 at M&T Bank Stadium.

Punter Pat McAfee handles kickoff duties for the Colts.

Colts are wise to keep McAfee from kicking FGs.  His missed FG in OT last year in the WVU @ Colorado game still sticks in my mind  <_<
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Well, good for Stover.  Sure, 45 is maximum range for him now, but he's still deadly accurate inside that.

It's a shame the Ravens couldn't keep him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Bungles got an extension on the sellout/blackout deadline, but I'll be shocked if they sell the remaining 3,000 tickets by tomorrow @ 1:00pm.

Oddly enough, the Bears game next week is now sold out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 03:38:39 PM
Bungles got an extension on the sellout/blackout deadline, but I'll be shocked if they sell the remaining 3,000 tickets by tomorrow @ 1:00pm.

Oddly enough, the Bears game next week is now sold out.

There is still some old school Bears fans in Southern Indiana. I assume they are driving over.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:40:47 PM
There is still some old school Bears fans in Southern Indiana. I assume they are driving over.

Chicago itself ain't too far away, so i could imagine (as painful as it is) Chicagoans who can't get into Bears games making the trip. 

And I know Houston isn't much of a draw, but it still seems odd that at 4-1 & after a big win, they can't sell out this week's game but no problem with the next.

Ed Anger

Nobody wants to watch the fucking Texans.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:45:44 PM

I do, but only to watch Steve Slaton play.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 03:55:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:45:44 PM

West Virginia sucks.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 03:55:07 PM

Steve Slaton is sucking this year.  He seems to be running to contact for whatever reason.  It's Schaub and the passing O that has been lighting it up.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2009, 03:55:50 PM
West Virginia sucks.

You're just jealous that you don't have Luther Van Dam as coach :contract:

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 15, 2009, 04:21:42 PM
Steve Slaton is sucking this year.  He seems to be running to contact for whatever reason.  It's Schaub and the passing O that has been lighting it up.

I know-- I haven't seen much of him on TV this year but his numbers suck.  How has the run-blocking been?

Anyway, Slaton seemed to slow down a half-step or so in his last year at WVU.  He had some really good games last year, but I still haven't seen him run like he did back in 2006.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2009, 04:41:49 PM
I know-- I haven't seen much of him on TV this year but his numbers suck.  How has the run-blocking been?

Well, it's not as good as it was at the beginning of the year because they lost Pitts (replaced with the inconsistent Studdard), but it's adequate.  It's the same line (well...aside from Pitts) he had last year when he was kicking all kinds of ass...well...the LT isn't a rookie anymore (!).  They don't overpower anyone, just look at what happened in the Arizona game, but between the 20's, they open up lanes often enough.  Slaton just doesn't seem to make the cut and go like he did last year.  He's been running into the backs of the linemen a lot, or at least it seems like a lot.

Whatever it is he's doing, it isn't working at the moment, and it's leaving everything on Schaub's shoulders.

QuoteAnyway, Slaton seemed to slow down a half-step or so in his last year at WVU.  He had some really good games last year, but I still haven't seen him run like he did back in 2006.

IIRC one thing they were talking about is Slaton had gained some weight this offseason.  Not fat, but muscle.  Maybe that has something to do with it this year.  Otherwise, the only things I can think of are some weird mental hangups, or maybe he's got some sort of injury. 

Really, I'm tired of the stupid zone blocking, finesse offense shit.  I want huge linemen that open up bigass holes for the backs to run through because they're bulldozing every defender in sight.   You can still run the bootlegs and other playaction shit they love so much off of that.