News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFLatino Week VI

Started by CountDeMoney, October 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

And the Danes go 6 - 0. Just as unlikely as the Broncos. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 20, 2009, 05:29:18 AM
:cheers:

Poor play calling on the last Chargers drive.  Both times Rivers got sacked they had receivers running deep routes with no outlet.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2009, 07:33:03 AM
:cheers:

Poor play calling on the last Chargers drive.  Both times Rivers got sacked they had receivers running deep routes with no outlet.
Would it be more appropriate to say they were Turnerized, or Norved?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Kerry Jenkins out for the season with a torn ACL.  The Jets Defense just lost its best player and they have zero depth at that position.  Teams are going to literally run all over them now.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Vince on October 20, 2009, 09:11:07 AM
Kerry Jenkins out for the season with a torn ACL.  The Jets Defense just lost its best player and they have zero depth at that position.  Teams are going to literally run all over them now.
Vernon Ghol...ah forget it. He's a lost cause. :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

And the Frozen Yukoners go 5-1... :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 18, 2009, 03:08:44 PM
Yep. Might as well let Chase Coffman be active next game and let him drop some balls.

Looks like we're not getting our wish: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Chase-not-on-yet/85f18ef8-0a9b-46a4-9b16-93a47c1025d6

If the Bears are smart, they'll back way off either Bungles TE that runs a route and wait for him to either drop the pass or fumble the ball.

Looks like the Bungles are favored by 2 so far for Sunday's game.  Unless they figure out some way to pressure the QB without Odom, I say take the damned points.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2009, 09:18:27 AM
Quote from: Vince on October 20, 2009, 09:11:07 AM
Vernon Ghol...ah forget it. He's a lost cause. :(

Yeah there's a reason fans call him The Ghost   <_<

sbr

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArEQLyGJDJ9UkB.tyScBYQZDubYF?slug=ap-browns-rollingstone&prov=ap&type=lgns

QuoteRolling Stone slams Browns' Mangini

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer 5 hours, 26 minutes ago

CLEVELAND (AP)—Even Rolling Stone is throwing rocks at Browns coach Eric Mangini.

In its latest issue, the iconic music magazine stepped outside its usual arena with a harsh critique of Mangini, comparing him to Augustus Gloop, the fictional overeater in Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and calling his short coaching tenure in Cleveland "a sort of Hurricane Andrew of football mismanagement."

Mangini, fired by the New York Jets in December, has become a target of abuse—much of it from outside Cleveland—for some of his decisions this season, most notably his handling of the Browns quarterbacks and excessive fines levied on players who break his rules.

The Browns are 1-5 with their only win a 6-3 decision over the Buffalo Bills on Oct. 11.

Long before Rolling Stone piled on, Mangini was being slammed for some of his coaching methods. He has fined players for not adhering to his policies— like parking in the wrong spot—and he slapped one unidentified player a $1,701 fine for failing to pay for a $3 bottle of water during a hotel stay.

Some players complained privately about the length of training camp practices and more hitting than some of them had experienced since high school. Mangini also has subjected players to pop quizzes during meetings, his way of making sure they are learning their playbook and about each other. He forced his rookies to take a 10-hour bus trip this summer to his football camp, and made his team practice outdoors in the rain.

Mangini won't tolerate anyone not part of his program.

He traded playmaker Braylon Edwards(notes) to the Jets one day after the wide receiver allegedly punched a friend of NBA superstar LeBron James outside a Cleveland nightclub. Mangini has transformed Cleveland's roster, bringing in 26 new players from last season, including 10 who played for him in New York last season.

One of them, linebacker David Bowens(notes), said Mangini is unfairly portrayed as tyrant.

"His office is always open," Bowens said last week. "It's not like it's a total dictatorship around here."

Rolling Stone writer Matt Taibbi went as far as saying the Browns have quit on Mangini in lopsided defeats, a charge many of Cleveland's players dismissed after road losses to Denver and Baltimore.

Taibbi wrote: "In the NFL, if you don't show your players that you have a plan that works, the T-minus to an on-field player revolt is usually about a month. In Cleveland, we're there."

When Rolling Stone starts piling onto a coach you know he is in trouble.  :lol:

EDIT: Holy crap, their best defender, besides Rogers, is out for the season too.

D'Qwell Jackson out for the year.

Neil

My wife ripped Trent Dilfer a new asshole for trying to defend Sanchez's interceptions.  I was happy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2009, 07:36:35 PM
My wife ripped Trent Dilfer a new asshole for trying to defend Sanchez's interceptions.  I was happy.

Yeah, so 1 or 2 INTs were not totally Sanchez's fault.  Big whoop-- that happens to all QBs.  Apparently the media is desirous that a non-Spanish speaking Hispanic QB do well...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on October 20, 2009, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2009, 07:36:35 PM

Yeah, so 1 or 2 INTs were not totally Sanchez's fault.  Big whoop-- that happens to all QBs.
QBs protect their own.

I was just happy that my wife showed a knowledge of football.  The one that really set her off was when Edwards was laying out to try and make a play on a poorly-thrown ball, but only got part of his one outstretched hand on the ball, tipping it up and allowing it to be picked.