News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFLatino Week VI

Started by CountDeMoney, October 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Hola, senors, senoritas, and senoras! Como esta usted?

QuoteThe Ravens have signed former New York Giants wide receiver David Tyree, the team announced today.

Tyree, who spent six seasons in New York, is best remembered for a 32-yard catch that he trapped against his helmet to keep the Giants' game-winning drive alive against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

Tyree, 6-0, 206 pounds, was a sixth-round draft pick by the Giants in 2003. He has 54 catches for 650 yards and four touchdowns in his career.

The Ravens waived tight end Tony Curtis to make room for Tyree.

I await with great trepidation the Ratbirds' roadtrip to Minnihaha.

Ed Anger

If Ray Lewis hits Favre like he hit Chad, I'll be happy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

It should be a good game.  I'll refrain from any smack-talking however or else the Football Gods will surely strike Favre down.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2009, 04:14:06 PM

It should be a good game.  I'll refrain from any smack-talking however or else the Football Gods will surely strike Favre down.

I've already chalked it up as a loss.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2009, 04:16:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2009, 04:14:06 PM

I've already chalked it up as a loss.

You have a good team there that can beat anybody on any given day.  I certainly haven't chalked it down as a win. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Kleves

Didn't Tyree go crazy and say that he was possessed by demons, or something?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on October 13, 2009, 04:25:44 PM
Didn't Tyree go crazy and say that he was possessed by demons, or something?

He was injured for the year on a Coughlin-coached team.  That in itself is a sin.

The Minsky Moment

Tyree was always a decent special teams guy.
Not someone you want to be high on your WR depth chart though.  Unless you can train Flacco to throw at the guy's helmet.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 13, 2009, 04:41:15 PM
Not someone you want to be high on your WR depth chart though.  Unless you can train Flacco to throw at the guy's helmet.
Flacco tends to go a little high anyways.  So there you go.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

As their special teams returners are sucking ass (hello, Chris Carr), they definitely need the help.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2009, 05:15:58 PM

As their special teams returners are sucking ass (hello, Chris Carr), they definitely need the help.
Let's be fair.  It's not like Chris Carr has some special deficiency when it comes to special teams.  He also sucks as a nickelback.  When you see him on the field, prepare for a defensive holding or illegal contact call.  Every-fucking-time.

Let's file him under guys who won't be returning next year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

As an aside, I suggest everyone watch the ESPN documentary tonight at 8pm.  Directed by Barry Levinson, "The Band That Wouldn't Die", the story about the Baltimore Colts Marching Band, and how it maintained its existence to remind the NFL and the world that, yes, there was a team once called the Baltimore Colts. 

Watching the footage of Bob Irsay, Willie Don Schafer and Mayflower vans sneaking out in the middle of the night, maybe--just maybe--you'll understand why I'm such a shitcock psycho when it comes to this particular issue, the expansion era, and those motherfuckers Paul Tagliabue and Jack Kent Cooke.

As if going to the Hall of Fame in Canton and seeing John Unitas' records listed under "Indianapolis Colts" isn't enough to do it.

It's only an hour long. It won't hurt you.

derspiess

Which again begs the question: if you could go back & change events in 1983, would you give up your beloved Ravens to be able to keep the Colts?  :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

I heard Unitas himself cut ties with the Colts and regarded the Ravens as the successor to the Baltimore Colts. True?

Modell and Irsay are both ripe wet fecal matter.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 13, 2009, 07:13:25 PM
I heard Unitas himself cut ties with the Colts and regarded the Ravens as the successor to the Baltimore Colts. True?

Modell and Irsay are both ripe wet fecal matter.

Espec. Modell.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall