And we're back!

Main Menu

NFLatino Week VI

Started by CountDeMoney, October 13, 2009, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on October 14, 2009, 04:05:59 PM
Why does the NFL have that rule?

I dunno.  The CFL has a similar rule, but it makes more sense here where the large majority of revenue is from ticket sales, and when tickets are very affordable.

But when the NFL is largely driven by TV revenue, and tickets are quite expensive, I'm not sure the blackout rule makes sense.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 04:04:15 PM

So MB will need to make the trip down here if he wants to see the game :contract:

I'll live.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 04:08:29 PM

I dunno.  The CFL has a similar rule, but it makes more sense here where the large majority of revenue is from ticket sales, and when tickets are very affordable.

But when the NFL is largely driven by TV revenue, and tickets are quite expensive, I'm not sure the blackout rule makes sense.

It theoretically encourages ticket sales.  Seems like a dick move whenever it happens, though, since the cheapest Bungles seats are $64.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

And how many of the available seats are only $64?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 04:33:53 PM

I think just one of the end zones is that price level.  Last I looked, there are still some of these seats available for this Sunday.

But anyway my point was that I don't think $64 is necessarily cheap.  I remember Ravens cheap seats being under $30 back in the late 90s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2009, 03:56:01 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 14, 2009, 03:50:10 PM
Right, but without the move it could very well have been Cleveland winning that Super Bowl and not the Ravens.  Also, Ozzie would be using his powers of drafting and talent insight for Cleveland instead of the jokes that have been there since their rebirth.

Not true.

Because Belichick would not have been fired if they didn't move.  He would have run the team into the ground an additional two seasons.

Admiral Yi

Because they're afraid showing half empty stadiums on TV will cheapen the brand.

Speesh: if tickets are going wanting couldn't you get a good deal from a scalper?

Faeelin

I have already been told my costume will offend everyoen who is race conscious by trivializing the issue.

I will grant the Empire's policies towards nonhumanoid races was harsh, but isn't it time we move beyond that?

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 09:16:59 PM
I have already been told my costume will offend everyoen who is race conscious by trivializing the issue.

I will grant the Empire's policies towards nonhumanoid races was harsh, but isn't it time we move beyond that?
Wrong thread.

Still, anyone who is race conscious is a fucking retard and deserves to die, so you're right to trivialize their pet issue.  And murder them and their families, if you like.  So long as you don't do it in a really creepy way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2009, 08:14:27 PM
Speesh: if tickets are going wanting couldn't you get a good deal from a scalper?

Possibly-- looks like they're going for face value on stubhub.com, oddly enough.

But my tickets are: free :)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 04:47:45 PM

I think just one of the end zones is that price level.  Last I looked, there are still some of these seats available for this Sunday.

But anyway my point was that I don't think $64 is necessarily cheap.  I remember Ravens cheap seats being under $30 back in the late 90s.
:rolleyes:  Yes, the greatest coach in the last 20 years would have run them into the ground.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

What does Jimmie Johnson have to do with this?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2009, 10:06:32 PM

:rolleyes:  Yes, the greatest coach in the last 20 years would have run them into the ground.

Really? What does Jimmy Johnson have to do with all this?

I realize you were an infant at the time, but a lot of us happened to watch it him do it to the Browns in real time.

But, since you want to be a little bitch about it, this is what you get for being an alt-history niggerfuck and forgetting real history.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Faeelin on October 14, 2009, 09:16:59 PM

Exactly the right repsonse to those people.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2009, 10:06:32 PM

:unsure: