NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 07, 2009, 05:58:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 07, 2009, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 06, 2009, 10:25:49 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 09:03:28 PM
Well, all the teams that passed on Crabtree are looking pretty smart right now.

:nelson @ 49ers
:Embarrass: :mad:
Say what you will about DHB, but at this rate, even if he only has one catch all season he'll still make the Raiders look like the smarter Bay Area team. :cool:
well considering crabtree's agent has said je has no idea what this cousin/advisor is talking about I'll be expecting him in uniform by opening day
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2009, 02:35:17 PM
Be careful.  If your kid wrecks that fragile knee, how will you feel?

No shit-- we'd have to move away.  Then again, it would be cool if my 18-month old had a strong enough arm to do that with a nerf ball.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I bet Sanchez's heart skipped a beat when Mangold injured his knee in camp.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also folks, Hall of Fame preseason game tonight. The Vince Young agony tour begins tonight.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2009, 05:30:59 PM
Also folks, Hall of Fame preseason game tonight. The Vince Young agony tour begins tonight.
That's 1 INT for VY.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

All former AFL teams should revert to their original uniforms.

Grey Fox

It sucks that they keep using the "Titans".
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

That was a nice little tribute to John Madden.
Not always my favorite commentator, he's always been there in the NFL since my earliest memories.

MadBurgerMaker

Thank God football is here again.

Edit:  They should shut up about Vick.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2009, 07:54:40 PM
All former AFL teams should revert to their original uniforms.

Yep.  Particularly, the Chiefs should wear the old Dallas Texans uniforms & use the same logo to confuse the hell out of everyone.

The Bungles aren't doing the "Legacy Weekends" thing this season, as they weren't one of the original 8 AFL teams :( 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

I want Lekkerkerker's autograph.  Quite a name.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
Edit:  They should shut up about Vick.
I'm shocked that he hasn't signed with the Bengals yet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
Thank God football is here again.

I am sorry Major League Baseball has more in common with an actual football season than the crapy NFL preseason games.

I never watch a football game until the first snap that counts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 09, 2009, 09:27:59 PM
The Bungles aren't doing the "Legacy Weekends" thing this season, as they weren't one of the original 8 AFL teams :( 

Um...the Dolphins were also an AFL expansion team are they not doing it either?  If not that is crap, the Bengals and the Dolphins were both AFL teams as much as the other 8 darnit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2009, 10:21:01 PM
I never watch a football game until the first snap that counts.

But by doing this, you miss all of Vince Young's playing time!