And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Neil on July 30, 2009, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 10:48:12 AM
This is nice, especially for Timmy,  Stattracker will be free this year.
I wonder why?  Yahoo never does anything out of kindness.

Probably because ESPN has given out free stat tracking for years, I would imagine Yahoo! is losing customers to ESPN.  I know that is why the 2 fantasy baseball league I am in moved to ESPN this year.

Vince

Sophie Scholl

:blink: :bleeding:
"Sports agent Alvin Keels tweeted the deal had $23.5 million guaranteed and $38.25 million in base salary with a maximum value of $54 million, according to his league source."
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Vince on July 30, 2009, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 30, 2009, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 30, 2009, 04:52:00 PM
I hoping the Raiders waive DHB.  Bitch thinks he deserves a big pay day.  He spent almost all of the workout days sitting in the trainer's room nursing hamstring injuries.  Hey pal, all you have going for you is speed, if you can't run you're fucking useless.

Any idea how much they signed him for?  I haven't seen any numbers yet.

AP reports 5 years/38 mill.  23.5 guaranteed.
Wow that's insane
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Got a $5 bet with a coworker over who signs Vick;  I say the Raidahs, he says the Cowboys.  Any other possibilities out there, you think?

Ed Anger

Supposedly the bungles were mildly interested, but with Carson looking out for his kid brother, I doubt there is really a spot for him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I can't see either.

The Raidahs may love taking in rejects, but they haven't given up on Russell yet.  The Cowboys haven't given up on Romo either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 05:53:41 PM
I can't see either.

The Raidahs may love taking in rejects, but they haven't given up on Russell yet.  The Cowboys haven't given up on Romo either.
Even if they do give up on Russell, didn't they sign Jeff Garcia?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2009, 06:22:22 PM
I can't see either.

Did they?

Poor Jeff...  :(

Ed Anger

The Raiders need Jeff George.

sbr

The Patriots wouldn't shock me; Belichek loves versatile players and they have strong enough leadership to keep Vick from getting sideways at all.  They are one of the few teams to still be considering him.  I also think they like to take on "troubled" players and turn them around; see Dillon, Cory and Moss, Randy.

Ed Anger

Hopefully, the pats will sign vick, and his new batch of dogs will maul Brady.

Barrister

googling "michael vick team rumors" the two that get mentioned on the first page were Seattle and New England.

Both make more sense than the Raiders or Cowgirls.  A team with a strong #1 who wouldn't be threatened, but be willing to gamble on a troubled #2 or #3.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 31, 2009, 06:31:10 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2009, 06:22:22 PM
I can't see either.

Did they?

Poor Jeff...  :(
If anyone can return the Raiders to relevance, it's Garcia.  Really, it's offensive stability that they need.  Their D isn't terrible, but the awesomeness and will to win of Garcia might pay dividends.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on July 31, 2009, 06:33:35 PM
The Patriots wouldn't shock me; Belichek loves versatile players and they have strong enough leadership to keep Vick from getting sideways at all.  They are one of the few teams to still be considering him.  I also think they like to take on "troubled" players and turn them around; see Dillon, Cory and Moss, Randy.
Why would Vick play in New England?  They wouldn't pay him what a shittier team would, and he'd have to live in the most racist part of the US six months out of the year, which wouldn't be good for his recovery.