Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 02:33:13 AM
Wasn't Vasilla the wife of the Archon who had Andraste put to death?
Marty is right, and Jaron is a fucking retard.  In the Temple, before the Dragon.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 02:18:08 AM
Tevinters association with Byzantium shows a real lack of understanding by the writers on what Byzantium was. I wouldn't worry about it, Ed. I can see the angle they were going for with just about everywhere else: Orlais, Antiva, even Fereldan.

I am not sure where Psellus read about an "emperor" for Tevinter, or his name or queens name. I haven't seen that anywhere, and I wouldn't be surprised if he misread.

Yeah I should have known somebody would read that out of context and not understand what I was getting at.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 07:39:30 AM
Alistair needs to be "hardened" if you don't want him to become a drunk loser once you let Loghain live. This happens by doing his sister side quest and then choosing a dialogue option which basically says it's everyone for himself or something.

Yep. That's what I did. I didn't give his grubby sister any money either.  <_<
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 01, 2009, 11:47:46 AM
Alistair needs to be "hardened" if you don't want him to become a drunk loser once you let Loghain live. This happens by doing his sister side quest and then choosing a dialogue option which basically says it's everyone for himself or something.

Yep. That's what I did. I didn't give his grubby sister any money either.  <_<

Is it possible to give her the money? I never got that option.  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 12:10:03 PM

Yeah you can give her 10 gold.  Money is so very very precious in this game I never give out money if I can avoid it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Winkelried

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: Winkelried on December 01, 2009, 07:53:56 AM

I see. I picked the nice guy option in his personal quest, still managed to make him king and even get him to marry Anora. Poor Alister.   :P

But you killed Loghain, right?

Yes, I had to.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 12:12:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 12:10:03 PM

Yeah you can give her 10 gold.  Money is so very very precious in this game I never give out money if I can avoid it.

Uh? Unless stuff start costing a lot more post-landsmeet. I've had no use for much of the money I've collected.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2009, 12:38:58 PM
Uh? Unless stuff start costing a lot more post-landsmeet. I've had no use for much of the money I've collected.

Seriously?  I need to buy agents just to make better potions and then there are rare items to buy (that I could never come that close to affording...over 100 gold?) and gifts and all those skill and talent books can get a bit pricey.

Martinus

I just got back from the Deep Roads. When I went in I had hardly any money. When I got back, after selling all the useless crap, I had 150 gold.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 12:50:38 PM
I just got back from the Deep Roads. When I went in I had hardly any money. When I got back, after selling all the useless crap, I had 150 gold.

I sell off my stuff all the time and rarely get that much cash.  Interesting.

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 12:53:35 PM

Someone on the Dragon Age board (that awful social network thing) boasted he had around 950g after the landsmeet...  Myself the last save of my first playthrough states that the highest gold ammount I had was around 550.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 12:45:42 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2009, 12:38:58 PM

Seriously?  I need to buy agents just to make better potions and then there are rare items to buy (that I could never come that close to affording...over 100 gold?) and gifts and all those skill and talent books can get a bit pricey.

I haven't bought any of those books maybe that's why. I guess don't use the potions as much as you. Having Wynne heal helps I guess.

My party is my Hero Tank, Wynne heals, Morrigan mages it up (respecced her) and I switch between zevran & leliana.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on December 01, 2009, 12:55:47 PM
Someone on the Dragon Age board (that awful social network thing) boasted he had around 950g after the landsmeet...  Myself the last save of my first playthrough states that the highest gold ammount I had was around 550.

I don't understand why they went to that new board.  I post on there to btw.

The old one they had had so much  more functionality.

Winkelried

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 12:53:35 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 12:50:38 PM

Sidequests from the mercenaries, mages collective etc. are your friend. Do them all even the crows ones.