Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

There is a hope, yes. And seeing how they already have the engine ready, I'm hopeful we will get the sequel some time in 2010.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 09:12:57 AM
There is a hope, yes. And seeing how they already have the engine ready, I'm hopeful we will get the sequel some time in 2010.

Have you seen the full map of Thedas?  It's huge - Ferelden is but a small portion of the continent.  But with the end of the Blight I'm not sure what would be the 'meta' quest...  A resurgence of the Magisters in Tevinter perhaps?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

An Exalted March maybe?

Sten seemed to be poking around for the Qunari, maybe they plan to launch an invasion. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 30, 2009, 09:41:32 AM

Have you seen the full map of Thedas?  It's huge - Ferelden is but a small portion of the continent.  But with the end of the Blight I'm not sure what would be the 'meta' quest...  A resurgence of the Magisters in Tevinter perhaps?

G.

The "Arl Foreshadow" stuff suggests it will be about Morrigan's demon twins.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 09:54:42 AM

Wow you got that from Terrible Twos?  Interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2009, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 09:54:42 AM

Wow you got that from Terrible Twos?  Interesting.

And "Raising Spirits: Offspring and the Fade".

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 10:07:27 AM

Yes...that is the comment Arl Foreshadow has in reaction to that book.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2009, 10:14:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 10:07:27 AM

Yes...that is the comment Arl Foreshadow has in reaction to that book.

Well, it's a speculation of course, but offspring and the Fade suggest magical (mage's) children. The "canon" ending of DA:O is Morrigan getting pregnant with the Grey Warden to absorb the Archdemon/Old God essence (not to mention the whole set-up screams "sequel!"). So "terrible twos" in relation to this suggests there will be two such children - hence twins.

Maybe we will play one twin against the other (think Baldur's Gate II).

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 30, 2009, 10:18:15 AM
Well, it's a speculation of course, but offspring and the Fade suggest magical (mage's) children. The "canon" ending of DA:O is Morrigan getting pregnant with the Grey Warden to absorb the Archdemon/Old God essence (not to mention the whole set-up screams "sequel!"). So "terrible twos" in relation to this suggests there will be two such children - hence twins.

Maybe we will play one twin against the other (think Baldur's Gate II).

Well I hope there is no "canon" ending and Bioware has new "origins" for the sequel that takes care of the possibe endings to DA1.  They seem to be doing that with ME2 but we will see.  They certainly had a canon version of what happened in BG1 in BG2.

Grallon

And what if you chose to deny her both Alistair and yourself (if you're a male)?  This is what I did in my first playthrough.  There were no other wardens.  Besides this would work only with the only doing the killing blow (me in that case).

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2009, 10:22:56 AM

Well I hope there is no "canon" ending and Bioware has new "origins" for the sequel that takes care of the possibe endings to DA1.  They seem to be doing that with ME2 but we will see.  They certainly had a canon version of what happened in BG1 in BG2.

Aren't there a prohibitively large number of different endings for them to be able to do that though?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grallon on November 30, 2009, 09:41:32 AM

G.

I didn't know the full map was even available to see. :unsure:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 30, 2009, 12:15:07 PM
Aren't there a prohibitively large number of different endings for them to be able to do that though?

Depends on the extent the events of the first game impact a sequel.  I mean obviously if the game takes place in Orzammar that would make a bigger difference than if it takes place in Orlais or Nevarra or something.

Valmy