Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2009, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:14:18 AM
I cannot finish the Redcliffe zombie attack thing. Simply too amny of them, and I get overwhelmed every time.

Shale sucks. He just runs off and dies every time. is there anyway to change your party composition when you are not in a camp?

Use the knights

Yeah, the first part where you fight with the knights is pretty easy. The second part (actually, I guess from the way it plays out you can do either first?) seems never ending.

I was wondering if I needed to do something else - maybe they really are never ending.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Oh and Berk did you go around town trying to get people to sign up to defend the village?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2009, 10:24:25 AM
Oh and Berk did you go around town trying to get people to sign up to defend the village?

Yeah.

0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 10:24:18 AM
I was wondering if I needed to do something else - maybe they really are never ending.
It seems that way, but they're not neverending.  IIRC I read on a Bioware post that there are exactly 100 of them.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

I cannot finish the Redcliffe zombie attack thing. Simply too amny of them, and I get overwhelmed every time.

Shale sucks. He just runs off and dies every time. is there anyway to change your party composition when you are not in a camp?

Use the knights

Yeah, the first part where you fight with the knights is pretty easy. The second part (actually, I guess from the way it plays out you can do either first?) seems never ending.

Run back up to the knights.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2009, 10:34:04 AM

Use the knights

Run back up to the knights.

Well, fucking duh. Now I feel like an idiot.

0 rows returned

Caliga

FYI: There's a battle like that in the castle, too.  It'll seem impossible and will frustrate the fuck out of you until you figure out a similar 'shortcut' that makes it a complete joke.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2009, 10:58:25 AM
Really? :huh:
[spoiler]
I'm talking about the Revenant battle.  I didn't realize you could open the gate there and let the knights in and the Revenant utterly destroyed my party like four times till I noticed the gate leverl.  :blush:
[/spoiler]

Monoriu

I just fought that battle on hard.  At first I thought it would be easy.  Then the militia died one by one.  Then my mage and rogue died.  Only two tanks remained.  Just when I gave up all hope they stopped coming. 

Solmyr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 16, 2009, 03:01:02 PM
Speaking of archery--one of my favorite tactics in big boss fights has developed this way:

All characters flip to ranged and big boss starts after one of them. That one runs in a circle around the others until boss loses interest and goes after another. I then switch to controlling the new target and repeat.  :lol:

Which kinda annoys me in Bioware games since BG: they are notoriously melee-unfriendly, with the standard tactics for basically every boss being to kite and shoot them. I personally prefer melee characters by far.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2009, 10:58:25 AM
Really? :huh:
[spoiler]
I'm talking about the Revenant battle.  I didn't realize you could open the gate there and let the knights in and the Revenant utterly destroyed my party like four times till I noticed the gate leverl.  :blush:
[/spoiler]

Quote[spoiler]get an archer near enough to the gate so that the dead archers on the battlement see you but without the Revenant activating - kill those and then advance a little towards the Revenant so that his 2 pals activate.  Then you can attack the Revenant on its own[spoiler]

Mind you I play on easy for this 1st run.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Use the knights

I put everyone on hold, I used an archer, and I lured them one at a time.
Once they started to all move toward me, I raced to open the door.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on November 17, 2009, 11:28:31 AM

Use the knights

I put everyone on hold, I used an archer, and I lured them one at a time.
Once they started to all move toward me, I raced to open the door.

What door?

0 rows returned