Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Quote from: Jaron on November 15, 2009, 09:52:37 PM
The last fight is stupid easy unless my game glitched.

Can you really just stand at the ballista and shoot the archdemon while it stands there and roars? :P
Not in my copy.  That fucker chases you down hardcore.  I have found cone of cold to be a great equalizer overall.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Could you please indicate spoilers in your intro before posting stuff.  <_<

Although that last bit between Alistair and the dwarf was fun.

Also I read that there's a mod in the works to finally enable the romance for guys with our favorite young templar.  :wub:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grallon on November 16, 2009, 01:22:31 PM
Could you please indicate spoilers in your intro before posting stuff.  <_<

Although that last bit between Alistair and the dwarf was fun.

Also I read that there's a mod in the works to finally enable the romance for guys with our favorite young templar.  :wub:

G.

you're in the DA:O thread. Of course there'll be spoilers.

MadImmortalMan

Speaking of archery--one of my favorite tactics in big boss fights has developed this way:

All characters flip to ranged and big boss starts after one of them. That one runs in a circle around the others until boss loses interest and goes after another. I then switch to controlling the new target and repeat.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 16, 2009, 03:01:02 PM
Speaking of archery--one of my favorite tactics in big boss fights has developed this way:

All characters flip to ranged and big boss starts after one of them. That one runs in a circle around the others until boss loses interest and goes after another. I then switch to controlling the new target and repeat.  :lol:
I used that tactic against the Ogre at the top of the Tower of Ishal.  For some reason he had a boner for trying to kill my main (a mage) and never stopped trying to zerg him.  Made the battle a joke, though a long, tedious joke.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 16, 2009, 02:26:10 PM
you're in the DA:O thread. Of course there'll be spoilers.

No, that's not good enough.  I'm not all that far into the game (just cleared Tower of Ishaal and only finally finished the intro as far as I can tell).  I want to talk about the game, but don't want major plot elements spoiled.  It's not hard to use tags, or leave whitespace, for spoilers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2009, 03:07:37 PM
I used that tactic against the Ogre at the top of the Tower of Ishal.  For some reason he had a boner for trying to kill my main (a mage) and never stopped trying to zerg him.  Made the battle a joke, though a long, tedious joke.  :cool:

Mages are awesome for big fights like that.  The ability to cast numerous heal spells makes things a lot easier...

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2009, 03:17:30 PM
Mages are awesome for big fights like that.  The ability to cast numerous heal spells makes things a lot easier...
Once I realized that the mages in DA:O are both the main DPS *and* the healer, my choice was made as to what class to play. :smoke:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Seen

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2009, 03:41:11 PM
Once I realized that the mages in DA:O are both the main DPS *and* the healer, my choice was made as to what class to play. :smoke:
Rogue!

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2009, 03:41:11 PM

Don't you mean main DPS *or* the healer?

I don't have enough mana to do both...

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

The staff with a few arcane bolts thrown in there can do some nice damage between heals.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

You will.  Plus your staff does a lot of range damage mana free.

Mage healing is really just a backup to when taking healing pots isnt enough  - because the character is stunned or otherwise unable to take the potion.  Also - regeneration is your friend.  It is very mana efficient.