News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2009, 03:57:39 PM
Those numbers should have an asterisk for the Bungles' tipped pass.  The best thing you can say about Orton is he hasn't thrown an INT-- oh and he's apparently really good at handing off the ball for running plays.
He won't lose you games though.  I'd take consistent but not flashy over flashy and streaky.  He still makes opposing teams respect the pass attack even if the run is doing well.  I'd love to have someone of his skill (or as the majority of writers quip, lack thereof) at qb in Oakland.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 29, 2009, 04:47:12 PM
I'd love to have someone of his skill (or as the majority of writers quip, lack thereof) at qb in Oakland.

I know some people in Denver who agree :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2009, 04:08:53 PM
Hey Valmy, whatever happened to that young Skins QB that got the snot beat out him under Spurrier?  Cut?  Benched?  Traded?  Dead?

Patrick Ramsey?  He's 2nd or 3rd string QB for the Titans IIRC.

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 29, 2009, 12:59:02 PM
2-1 with my terrible team, don't know how they're doing it.

Neil is 0-3.  :ph34r:
My wideouts are all injured or suspect.  It hurts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 29, 2009, 04:51:17 PM
Thanks.  Poor kid.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2009, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 29, 2009, 04:51:17 PM
Thanks.  Poor kid.

Hey look at it like this:  Once Kerry Collins finally gets benched, he only has to wait a couple of days for Vince to try and kill himself and boom!  Starting QB for a team not called the Redskins.  He probably planned this all out.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2009, 04:51:12 PM
I'd love to have someone of his skill (or as the majority of writers quip, lack thereof) at qb in Oakland.

I know some people in Denver who agree :P
They actually think Orton is worse than Jamarcus? :huh:  Wow.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

C.C.R.

He won't lose you games though.  I'd take consistent but not flashy over flashy and streaky.  He still makes opposing teams respect the pass attack even if the run is doing well.  I'd love to have someone of his skill (or as the majority of writers quip, lack thereof) at qb in Oakland.

I think that it's fair to say that Orton was "brought up" in a Bears system that emphasized Not Fucking Up -- making safe plays that avoid turning the ball over & relying on Defense/Special Teams to provide Da Bears' Offense with decent field position.  It's obviously a pretty basic & common strategy in football, but after a lifetime of watching Da Bears play "Meat & Potatoes" football I personally find it a bit refreshing that Management(TM) is at least trying to take a little zestier of a tack with Cutler.

Or something.  I think that trading Orton for Cutler will boost Da Bears from being .500 this year to 9-7 or 10-6, but in the end they still won't make the playoffs...

Neil

10-6 and not make the playoffs?  In the NFC? :huh:

Hell, the Bears might even win their division, depending on how long Favre's arm holds out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2009, 05:06:25 PM
10-6 and not make the playoffs?  In the NFC? :huh:

Hell, the Bears might even win their division, depending on how long Favre's arm holds out.

I think Minnesota's fate will depend WAAAAY more on Adrian Peterson than Favre...

...And even IF (and that's a big "if") Da Bears squeak into a Wild Card spot I think they'll be crushed in the first round.  Not that I want to see it happen, but they're looking pretty shakey thus far...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2009, 05:17:28 PM
I think Minnesota's fate will depend WAAAAY more on Adrian Peterson than Favre...

...And even IF (and that's a big "if") Da Bears squeak into a Wild Card spot I think they'll be crushed in the first round.  Not that I want to see it happen, but they're looking pretty shakey thus far...
I disagree.  They'll lose respectably in the first round.

Neil

I don't know.  There's a lot of teams that are really good at stuffing the run.  When the Vikings have to play them, it's going to be on Favre to win those games, and we all know that at some point during the season, he just won't have the juice.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2009, 06:23:13 PM
I don't know.  There's a lot of teams that are really good at stuffing the run.  When the Vikings have to play them, it's going to be on Favre to win those games, and we all know that at some point during the season, he just won't have the juice.

You can't make it true just by repeating it in every single thread about the Vikings. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2009, 06:32:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2009, 06:23:13 PM
You can't make it true just by repeating it in every single thread about the Vikings. :contract:
Why not?  I made it true by saying it about the Jets last year.

Hey, don't get my wrong.  I want the Vikings to do well.  I just want them to be punished for bringing in Favre, and thus fucking up the NFL season.

Neil

Ouch.  I went 7-9 this week.  6-10 against the spead.  My love for the longshots hurt me.