News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Losing to the Lions > The Old Man in the Tracksuit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2009, 05:13:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 05:12:13 PM
Valmy, in the Power Poll I just conducted I'm afraid the Foreskins are officially the worstest team in the league.

Raiders? :contract:

Nope.

Ed Anger

After watching that malauga injury on replay, I want to vomit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Valmy, in the Power Poll I just conducted I'm afraid the Foreskins are officially the worstest team in the league.

I take it you are the only pollster? :P

Well they are playing like the worst team in the league.  Just like last year the Redskins gained almost 400 yards of offense and only managed 2 touchdowns.  That is how they lose games: play great defense, move the ball, fail to score, and lose anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2009, 05:13:09 PM

Raiders? :contract:

The Raiders are a just below average team, with the worst QB in the league, the Redskins are an all around train wreck.

sbr

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

I thought the Bengals weren't allowed to win? :unsure:

Ed Anger

God loves me. And work will be fun tomorrow. I'm gonna rub it in every Steelhead fan's face. Fuckers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

4-1 in the late games, for a total of 11-3 so far this week.  Should have taken those picks to a bookie.

Strix

Alas poor Steelers....

At least this shoots some holes in CdM's theory about the league and refs favoring the Steelers. They had a couple fourth downs and a multitude of chances to call a penalty that would have crushed the Bengals chances.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on September 27, 2009, 06:42:50 PM
At least this shoots some holes in CdM's theory about the league and refs favoring the Steelers. They had a couple fourth downs and a multitude of chances to call a penalty that would have crushed the Bengals chances.

Not really.  They got their calls earlier in the first two games. 
Two words to explain today's lack of overt league assistance of the Rapists: Plausible. Deniability.

Admiral Yi

Can someone explain the crackback rule to me?  I always thought it was intended to stop 2 linemen double teaming a defender, one guy high and one guy at the knees.  How was Cutler's block on the reverse a crackback?  How is what he did different than a cut block?