News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

So, back from Ralph Wilson Stadium.  Damned Drew Brees. <_<  I enjoyed surviving a second trip into the place wearing enemy colors, as I had on a Will Smith jersey on (Go Utica!).  I was thinking my buddies and I would have to sneak out, but the Buffalo "faithful" were all funneling out with about 4:00 minutes to go in the 4th.  By the end, it was a vast majority Saints fans cheering.  We walked out with no hassles, and plenty of cheering.  This was a marked contrast from the walking in, where we were booed and heckled endlessly.  Silly Bills fans thinking their team was for real. :lol:

In other football news, I really want to know what the hell it'll take for Jamarcus to get benched.  I don't think there's anything he can do for Al to pull the trigger short of having Al motor in to find him in a threesome with Shannahan and Kiffin while they ritually execute the remaining Super Bowl winning Raiders he still likes and wiping their asses with Raider jerseys.  Even then, he'd probably just turn a blind eye to Jamarcus' involvement and add it to the portfolio of reasons Kiffin shouldn't get his money.  Fuck.  It's killing me.  I think they'd have a legit shot at the AFC West if they had a qb.  Then the run game wouldn't be facing extra guys every time and the defense wouldn't tire out from being on the field constantly.

The Browns... :(  Wow.  Talk about completely fucking up.  Mangenius should be fired.  Now.  The only problem is, is that the GM is his boy.  Dumbass Lerner.  Fack.  Looks like I'll be following the Ravens again as a legit contender to have on the back burner of interest.

edit:  Just saw this in the San Jose Mercury about the Raider game:
"By game's end, the only thing that captivated the disappointed fans was the numerous fights in the stands. Several people were arrested, including at least two women."
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 28, 2009, 02:04:01 AM
Just saw this in the San Jose Mercury about the Raider game:
"By game's end, the only thing that captivated the disappointed fans was the numerous fights in the stands. Several people were arrested, including at least two women."

Awesome.

Meanwhile, I for one am thoroughly enjoying yet another Pittsburgh Super Bowl hangover.  The Post-Gazette has turned on them already.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2009, 04:55:08 PM
Will Pennington have a shot at winning a third comeback player of the year award next year? Stay tuned.

Holy crap, I was right! :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

I have a feeling the Bungles will be hungover enough from yesterday's win to give the Brownies their first win.  If not, however, the Bungles-Ravens game the following week will be interesting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I enjoyed rubbing it in every Steeltard's face today at work.

WHERE'S YOUR RUNNING GAME NOW?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Vince

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2009, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2009, 04:55:08 PM
Will Pennington have a shot at winning a third comeback player of the year award next year? Stay tuned.

Holy crap, I was right! :(

I think he's done.  This is the third time he's had a season-ending injury to his throwing shoulder. 

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 28, 2009, 04:53:09 PM

Just hope that you can beat them in the rematch.  Getting swept by the Bengals is the most humiliating feat possible in the AFC North.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

My dislike of John Gruden is growing with every thing he says.

Ory-gone State.  :bleeding:

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 28, 2009, 07:37:39 PM

Just hope that you can beat them in the rematch.  Getting swept by the Bengals is the most humiliating feat possible in the AFC North.

Being swept by the Browns?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Damn I was hoping the Cowgirls would lose.  :(

Alcibiades

Delhomme gonna be benched yet?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2009, 10:29:07 PM

Being swept by the Browns?

That was my initial thought, but the Browns have had some very successful periods in the history of the franchise.

If we are talking about the new version of the Browns I think you are right.

EDIT: Though the AFC North is more recent than the new version of the Browns, so I go with the Browns.

Barrister

And I beat Seedy by a single point.

37 points by Manning.  :worship:

Admiral Yi

Pretty lackluster Monday Night game.

derspiess

Getting swept by the Bengals is the most humiliating feat possible in the AFC North.

No shit.  In 1998 the Bungles went 3-13 but still swept the Steelers :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall