News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I'll start a new thread, and then post my picks a little bit later, probably this evening.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Go Falcons!

& Go Jets, because apprently they are good now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

This week will determine just how putrid the Redskins' season will be.  Losing to the Lions could make the wheels fall off very quickly.  Winning and they get to delay the ineviteable for another couple weeks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Vince

I have this sinking feeling the Titans will win.  No way Fisher will let that team fall to 0-3.   :(

Valmy

Quote from: Vince on September 25, 2009, 08:16:33 AM
I have this sinking feeling the Titans will win.  No way Fisher will let that team fall to 0-3.   :(

Why not?  He has before.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2009, 08:13:22 AM
This week will determine just how putrid the Redskins' season will be.  Losing to the Lions could make the wheels fall off very quickly.  Winning and they get to delay the ineviteable for another couple weeks.

Man, whatever happened to the 'Skins? We didn't use to have to dread playing bottom ranked teams for fear of losing and humiliating ourselves. We coulda been something, we coulda been a contender...
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

I have a hard time seeing the Redskins losing to the Lions.  Their D is sturdy enough that they should be able to keep it from being a shootout.  While Detroit's D isn't exactly a joke (well, at least not when you compare it to the Lions' offence), they're still make opposing QBs look amazing.  Opposing QBs have a 134.9 rating against the Lions D this year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2009, 08:20:48 AM
I have this sinking feeling the Titans will win.  No way Fisher will let that team fall to 0-3.   :(

Why not?  He has before.

I suppose even with this new attitude the Jets have twenty years of chokes still has me expecting a letdown at some point.

Neil

Quote from: Vince on September 25, 2009, 08:37:02 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2009, 08:20:48 AM
Why not?  He has before.
I suppose even with this new attitude the Jets have twenty years of chokes still has me expecting a letdown at some point.
Is losing to the Titans a choke?  They lost one game to the defending champs, who are still a first-tier team.  They lost the other game to the Texans, who are wildly inconsistent but very talented and who always play first-rate ball against their division opponents.

I'd have to say that the Titans are the favorites in this one.

C.C.R.

Da Bears got pwn3d by the defending champs last week, only to squeak out a lucky win by the Steelers missing two FG's.  Cutler did his job last week (in stark contrast to Week 1 against Green Bay) by not giving up the football, but he went 3 & out for the first couple/few possessions & needs to step it up earlier on in the game.  Similarly, the Bears' D was like a sieve in the first quarter & needs to Man Up out of the gate.

I think that Da Bears have the potential to win on Sunday, but they're so inconsistent that I have to admit that every game will be Anything Can Happen Day this year.  Or something...

:ccr

derspiess

Looks like the Steelers are only favored by ~4 over the Bungles.  I know it's bad karma to bet against your team, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on the Steelheads.  This is one of the rare Steelers-Bungles games where the Bungles *should* either keep the game close or even win, and in most of these rare moments they get blown out.

Conversely, if Pittsburgh were favored by more than a touchdown, I'd be inclined to bet on the Bengals to win it straight-up.  My brother said he wishes the Steelers had been picked to win my 2 TDs :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

derspiess

:lol: The earring just completes it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I am quite intrigued by the 49ers at Minnesota matchup.  Just how good are the Niners, in particular their run D?  WIth them going 2-0 they can't be taken lightly, but in a home game you have to think the Vikings and Favre are going to win...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Favorite            Spread          Underdog

9/27 1:00 ET   At NY Jets         -2.5              Tennessee

9/27 1:00 ET   At Houston       -4                 Jacksonville

9/27 1:00 ET   At Philadelphia -8.5              Kansas City

9/27 1:00 ET   At Baltimore    -13.5             Cleveland

9/27 1:00 ET   NY Giants         -6.5              At Tampa Bay

9/27 1:00 ET   Washington     -6.5              At Detroit

9/27 1:00 ET   Green Bay        -6.5              At St. Louis

9/27 1:00 ET  At Minnesota     -7                 San Francisco

9/27 1:00 ET  At New England -4                Atlanta

9/27 4:05 ET  Chicago           -2.5               At Seattle