News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The Texans' uniforms today were like a bad Arizona Wildcat nightmare.  Make them stop, MBM.

Neil

Poor Strix.  The Steelers losing to the Bengals must be demoralizing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

The fucking Buccaneers are killing me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2009, 07:04:34 PM
Can someone explain the crackback rule to me?  I always thought it was intended to stop 2 linemen double teaming a defender, one guy high and one guy at the knees.  How was Cutler's block on the reverse a crackback?  How is what he did different than a cut block?
No, that's a chop block.  A crackback is when an offensive player blindsides  a defender against the flow of the play by engaging him low or in the back.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2009, 03:16:37 PM
Lions Win! :o

Late last season one of the local pizza chains promised free pizza for everyone when the Lions win a game.  This Tuesday is free pizza day at Shield's in Metro Detroit.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

One of the best wins I've seen at PBS.   Up there with the upset vs. the undedeated Chiefs a few years back.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Strix

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2009, 07:06:27 PM

It was. Tomlin is being too conservative at the end of games. His playing calling gets reduced to run stuffed left, run stuffed right, Ben throws for a short completion, and punt followed by the other team driving down the field for victory.

He needs to realize that Ben's arm is the only thing working right now and to just let Ben do what needs to be done.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Strix on September 27, 2009, 08:42:12 PM

It was. Tomlin is being too conservative at the end of games. His playing calling gets reduced to run stuffed left, run stuffed right, Ben throws for a short completion, and punt followed by the other team driving down the field for victory.

He needs to realize that Ben's arm is the only thing working right now and to just let Ben do what needs to be done.

I wonder if Tomlin is destined to be the next John Gruden of coaching - wins a Super Bowl with another man's team, rides that reputation for a few years, but is ultimately run out of town...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Arizona just got majorly screwed on that non-call.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on September 27, 2009, 08:42:12 PM

They have no running game, and their offensive line is a mess.  They got away with it last year--barely--but this season, it's totally dysfunctional.

12 yards rushing in the fourth quarter? 29 yards total rushing in the second half?  With the lead?  It's going to be a long season for Rapistburger.

Admiral Yi

I went 1-1 on my picks, so I'm out $10 in imaginary internet vig.

Seriously though, Indy taking 2 1/2?  What were they thinking?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2009, 10:26:45 PM
I went 1-1 on my picks, so I'm out $10 in imaginary internet vig.

Seriously though, Indy taking 2 1/2?  What were they thinking?

Exact;y what I thought.  I' take those points any day of the week.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Alot of the fans are bitching about Zorn now but I think it would be nuts to can the guy.  I know this is the NFL and all but the Redskins desperately need stability in their organization.  Zorn should get at least four years to get the ship righted.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2009, 11:15:05 PM
Alot of the fans are bitching about Zorn now but I think it would be nuts to can the guy.  I know this is the NFL and all but the Redskins desperately need stability in their organization.  Zorn should get at least four years to get the ship righted.

:lol:
This is the NFL, and particularly the Redskins.  Lincoln and Hitler go through less coaches than Snyder.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 11:39:41 PM
:lol:
This is the NFL, and particularly the Redskins.  Lincoln and Hitler go through less coaches than Snyder.

I know, I know.  A guy can dream though right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."