NFL Week 3 Thread

Started by Neil, September 25, 2009, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2009, 10:32:13 PM
And I beat Seedy by a single point.

37 points by Manning.  :worship:

And the Danes go 3 - 0 thanks to... Cutler. :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

C.C.R.

Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2009, 04:25:16 AM

:yeah:

Although to be fair, Cutler is a "B" quarterback on a team that has seen about a fifty year stretch of "C," "D" and/or "F" quarterbacks.  He's nowhere near as good as what all of the hype might lead one to believe, but he's arguably the best quarterback to start for the Bears in my lifetime, so I'll take what I can get -- at least until the Blackhawks' season starts on Friday morning & I switch gears...

:ccr

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2009, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2009, 04:25:16 AM

Although to be fair, Cutler is a "B" quarterback on a team that has seen about a fifty year stretch of "C," "D" and/or "F" quarterbacks.  He's nowhere near as good as what all of the hype might lead one to believe, but he's arguably the best quarterback to start for the Bears in my lifetime, so I'll take what I can get -- at least until the Blackhawks' season starts on Friday morning & I switch gears...

Jim McMahon was a winner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2009, 11:56:39 AM
Jim McMahon was a winner.

I agree with that statement.  He was a positive contributor to a team that won a Super Bowl.  However, I still think that he was only an average quarterback in comparison to the abilities of his peers...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2009, 12:18:17 PM
I miss the punky QB.  :cry:

:console:

He was certainly in the right place at the right time...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Strix on September 27, 2009, 08:42:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2009, 07:06:27 PM
Poor Strix.  The Steelers losing to the Bengals must be demoralizing.
He needs to realize that Ben's arm is the only thing working right now .

Well we know nothing above the neck is working.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Alcibiades

2-1 with my terrible team, don't know how they're doing it.

Neil is 0-3.  :ph34r:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 29, 2009, 12:59:02 PM
2-1 with my terrible team, don't know how they're doing it.

Neil is 0-3.  :ph34r:

Holy shit, really?

Jesus, I'd given up on that game.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2009, 09:55:57 AM

Kyle Orton's team is 3-0. :cool:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

C.C.R.

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 29, 2009, 02:36:21 PM
Kyle Orton's team is 3-0. :cool:

How has he been playing for Denver?  I don't dislike Orton or wish bad things upon him, I just don't think that he was ever going to distinguish himsef in Chicago...

Sophie Scholl

49/88 passing for 663 yards, 3 td's and 0 int's or fumbles.  I've always been a fan of his, too bad the damned dirty Bears traded him to Denver.  He was actually doing quite well last year prior to screwing his ankle up I thought.  I think he'd be doing as well as Cutler is odds are.  All of that plus the Bears wouldn't have traded away their future and I could still be a fan. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2009, 12:10:06 PM
I agree with that statement.  He was a positive contributor to a team that won a Super Bowl.  However, I still think that he was only an average quarterback in comparison to the abilities of his peers...
Agree about the average quarterback.  A lot of QBs are going to look good if they consistently face 2nd and 2.

derspiess

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 29, 2009, 03:09:37 PM
49/88 passing for 663 yards, 3 td's and 0 int's or fumbles.  I've always been a fan of his, too bad the damned dirty Bears traded him to Denver.  He was actually doing quite well last year prior to screwing his ankle up I thought.  I think he'd be doing as well as Cutler is odds are.  All of that plus the Bears wouldn't have traded away their future and I could still be a fan. <_<

Those numbers should have an asterisk for the Bungles' tipped pass.  The best thing you can say about Orton is he hasn't thrown an INT-- oh and he's apparently really good at handing off the ball for running plays. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Hey Valmy, whatever happened to that young Skins QB that got the snot beat out him under Spurrier?  Cut?  Benched?  Traded?  Dead?