And we're back!

Main Menu

Eye protocol

Started by Phillip V, March 26, 2009, 12:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:46:36 AM
This thread reveals two things to me:

1) it will be a miracle if this generation of university students produce any offspring;

2) if things continue this way my two boys will have no competition and will have their pick of females on campus.

Why dont you guys actually communicate.  What is so hard with saying "do you want to go out on a date"
Why are you so gay?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

1) it will be a miracle if this generation of university students produce any offspring;

2) if things continue this way my two boys will have no competition and will have their pick of females on campus.

Why dont you guys actually communicate.  What is so hard with saying "do you want to go out on a date"

Oh please.  I mean how fucking dense do people need to be?  I like to think there is more subtlety to the dating ritual than having to knock her over the head and take her back to my cave.

No women after University ever had a problem knowing what I was asking.  'Hey would you like to get coffee sometime?' to a stranger is hardly fucking subtle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Warspite on March 26, 2009, 10:42:58 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2009, 10:39:05 AMThen later on she would call or we would talk and she would be like 'wait is this a date?  I just want to be clear since I have a boyfriend going to school in Pittsburgh (so some shit like that).'

Um...no it isn't moron I always go up to random people in class and ask to hang out with them.  :P

College girls were just not mature enough to ever say no.  What a shitty time to date that was.

Yes, that was (is?) really annoying. But it seems a lot of girls seem to assume a different paradigm of male/female interaction than men do. In 95% of cases, men do not ask a girl out to dinner for a pleasant evening of platonic interaction. Yet fully half of girls will assume this is the case.

The other half, ironically enough, will get all stressed with their girlfriends at home, "Oh God oh God, I really hope he meant it as a date! Do you think he meant it as a date? Please tell me he wants a date!".

They generally don't assume it, they just like the attention but aren't actually attracted enough to you to put out, or already have other committments (but are perfectly happy to get some flirtatious ego-boosting on the side).

The solution is to ask out twice as many.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2009, 10:44:46 AM

Woah, my experience was 180 degrees different. University was woman paradise, never since have there been so many chances to meet good looking unattached women just spoiling for a good time - and often having their own apartments or rooms for the first time.

My only regret is that I was too shy to take as much advantage of it as I should have.

Yep,

About the too shy bit,  I think we all have a bit of the "if I only knew then what I know now" I would have taken up even more opportunities.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2009, 10:48:34 AM

Oh please.  I mean how fucking dense do people need to be?  I like to think there is more subtlety to the dating ritual than having to knock her over the head and take her back to my cave.

No women after University ever had a problem knowing what I was asking.  'Hey would you like to get coffee sometime?' to a stranger is hardly fucking subtle.

Asking someone out on a date is knocking the over the head....?  A couple posts up you said that women often got confused about whether you were asking them out socially or for a date. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
They generally don't assume it, they just like the attention but aren't actually attracted enough to you to put out, or already have other committments (but are perfectly happy to get some flirtatious ego-boosting on the side).

The solution is to ask out twice as many.  :D

Yeah well that is what I did.  I had zillions of dates after I got done with College.  Just it was a frustrating nightmare during college.

Again trust me this had alot to do with the bizarre social dynamics of my school than anything horribly wrong I was doing.  I mean I was inexperienced and inept and all but it was getting really ridiculous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on March 26, 2009, 10:48:15 AM
Why are you so gay?

Its the old nature vs nurture debate.  Not sure yet.

Phillip V

I don't have time for dates. I get one free weekend if I am lucky because I am either fulfilling my officer duties with my Army Reserve unit, going home to help my immigrant parents, or working on business developments. That is why I just want to look at the damn girl while still leaving room open for the chance that she will initiate something with minimal effort on my part.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:51:14 AM
Asking someone out on a date is knocking the over the head....?  A couple posts up you said that women often got confused about whether you were asking them out socially or for a date. :P

Practically.

'Hello imbecile I am talking to you after we looked at each other in class because I am attracted to you.  I would like to date you.'

Please.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Phillip V on March 26, 2009, 10:52:14 AM
I don't have time for dates. I get one free weekend if I am lucky because I am either fulfilling my officer duties with my Army Reserve unit or working on on business developments. That is why I just want to look at the damn girl while still leaving room open for the chance that she will initiate something with minimal effort on my part.

Well then just talk to her without asking her out.  That way she will learn about your time restrictions and she will understand your circumstances.  Then if time permits you can pursue her if you wish.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2009, 10:52:32 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:51:14 AM

Practically.

'Hello imbecile I am talking to you after we looked at each other in class because I am attracted to you.  I would like to date you.'

Please.

I am beginning to understand you lack of success back in the day. You need to work on your approach.

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on March 26, 2009, 10:52:14 AM
That is why I just want to look at the damn girl while still leaving room open for the chance that she will initiate something with minimal effort on my part.

Then do what Monkeybutt said.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2009, 10:39:05 AM
It does bring me back to my college days.  I would be in class and make eye-contact with a girl, walk up to her after class and chat a bit and then ask her to go out.  She would say 'yes that sounds like fun' and I am thinking all 'score'.

Then later on she would call or we would talk and she would be like 'wait is this a date?  I just want to be clear since I have a boyfriend going to school in Pittsburgh (so some shit like that).'

Um...no it isn't moron I always go up to random people in class and ask to hang out with them.  :P

College girls were just not mature enough to ever say no.  What a shitty time to date that was.

Those with partners should be made to wear special badges <_<
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2009, 10:55:16 AM
I am beginning to understand you lack of success back in the day. You need to work on your approach.

Well too late now. ;)

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2009, 10:46:26 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2009, 10:44:46 AM
Woah, my experience was 180 degrees different. University was woman paradise, never since have there been so many chances to meet good looking unattached women just spoiling for a good time - and often having their own apartments or rooms for the first time.

My only regret is that I was too shy to take as much advantage of it as I should have.

I wasn't that shy at all...not that it did me much good.  :P

I sure had lots of friends who were attractive women I tried to date though.  <_<

The problem then was that you were too polite.

When I did get around to overcomming shyness and asking out a girl, and it became apparent she wanted a gossip buddy or just to flirt with a "friend", I'd generally make a choice: was I actually interested in this person enough as "a friend" or not? In most cases the answer was "not", and I'd basically drop them.

I think the hardest thing for a young guy to accept without taking a hit to the ego is that some women just aren't sexually attracted to you, and if they aren't there is nothing to be done about it. Those are the attractive women who will "like you as a friend".

The solution is to realize there isn't any shame in this and that there are plenty o' fish.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius