News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gadafi addresses the UN General Council

Started by Savonarola, September 23, 2009, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteBut he accused the West of hypocrisy - saying it preached democracy yet violated its fundamental principles - and added that it was time for the world to respond.

I got all excited he was going to say something truly awesomely wacky for a second but then I realized his fundamental principle of democracy was Jew killing.  Meh that is so played out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 24, 2009, 08:48:26 AM
Yes - contrary to the policy of the Islamic republic.

Really?  Wearing a tie is not Islamic?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 08:51:07 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 24, 2009, 08:48:26 AM
Yes - contrary to the policy of the Islamic republic.

Really?  Wearing a tie is not Islamic?

Muslims should not follow nonmuslims dress codes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 24, 2009, 09:00:18 AM
Muslims should not follow nonmuslims dress codes.

Well he wears pants and shirts and that is as much a dress code as wearing a tie.

PDH

I am with Ahmendrakakajadarava on this one - a necktie is a serious assault on my cultural heritage as a slob.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

Do you think at the end of the day Gadaffi bangs his bodyguards?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

I lol'ed when I saw the facepalm of the guy above Gadaffi.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Savonarola on September 24, 2009, 08:45:13 AM
Crazy, yes, but I've got to give Mad Mo the Gold.  Bringing up the JFK assassination is refreshing and different; while "Jews rule the world" is what I expected out of Ahmadinejad.
He also tore the UN charter into pieces and called the Security Council the 'Council of Terror'.  My favourite bit was when he asked Obama to rule America 'forever' and then started talking about how the black man doesn't have to sit at the back of the bus any more.  From there he neatly segued into a demand for a $7 trillion payment from the West to Africa to make up for colonialism etc.

After Turkmenbashi's death, I've got a new favourite tyrant :wub:

QuoteReally?  Wearing a tie is not Islamic?
Not revolutionary.  Bourgeois, indulgent and a symbol of Westoxification.

QuoteI got all excited he was going to say something truly awesomely wacky for a second but then I realized his fundamental principle of democracy was Jew killing.  Meh that is so played out.
I watched al-Jazeera about his speech and the phrase that someone used was that he was far more cogent than usual.  So I think it was just his greatest hits in a good phrase with, alas, little crazy :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

KRonn

Quote from: The Larch on September 24, 2009, 09:50:27 AM

I lol'ed when I saw the facepalm of the guy above Gadaffi.  :lol:
Where is Kanye West snatching microphones away when he's really needed?   :huh:

From a Jay Leno routine.     :D

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on September 24, 2009, 07:29:58 AM
Their uniforms are... not so uniform.

"She opened up her closet and thought to herself, today, I think I'll have a beret, some epaulettes with forest cammo gear."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 24, 2009, 10:15:50 AM

From there he neatly segued into a demand for a $7 trillion payment from the West to Africa to make up for colonialism etc.

Right, turn that around. The Euros did a lot to move nations from tribalism to more modernity, so yeah, good point. Maybe African nations do owe the European nations some money in pay back for all the costs the Euros incurred on behalf of the colonies.  Though I guess that isn't really necessary - Euro nations made a lot of money off of resources, etc.  Probably along the same idea that African nations/tribes were doing to each other, though now it's more fashionable to just blame the Euros for excesses.   ;)