News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 08:00:11 AM
....um right that is what "American" dating is all about.  You meet somebody at a party or a bar or whatever and you call them and then you get together and do things.  Now with the internet you can also get together with people you meet there and do things.

So what do you call them for in Europe if going out and doing things is sucking syphilitic donkey balls?
I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.

I think the problem is that Yuros think an "American style date" is like going to the senior prom.

PDH

American style dating starts with hoping you can read the last, smudged number in the phone number of that really hot chick you met last night (and whom you hope is still as hot now).  At least that is the first step...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Well I did talk to her tonight.  So I've gotten further with this internet dating then I have ever before.

I declare yesterday an unmitigated success. :D
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Bravo! :cheers:

Now invite her to a bar. :beer: :contract:
Actually, find out what music she likes. If she likes Jazz at all, go to a jazz bar.

Also, don't take my suggestions too seriously. I'm not exactly the best person for dating advice. :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2009, 04:38:25 PM
....um right that is what "American" dating is all about.  You meet somebody at a party or a bar or whatever and you call them and then you get together and do things.  Now with the internet you can also get together with people you meet there and do things.

So what do you call them for in Europe if going out and doing things is sucking syphilitic donkey balls?

I think the problem is that Yuros think an "American style date" is like going to the senior prom.

The impression I got was that in mating season, European women will go into heat and present themselves to nearby men. The European men then compete with each other to determine who will mount the female and pass on his genes.
At least according to that National Geographic special I saw.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2009, 08:00:15 PM
Well I did talk to her tonight.  So I've gotten further with this internet dating then I have ever before.

You must not have been using craig's list

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2009, 01:57:37 PM
The Sims taught me to trap people in hedge mazes.
'
The Sims taught be I'd be an unfit mother. :(
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Alatriste

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 16, 2009, 08:18:43 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2009, 04:38:25 PM

The impression I got was that in mating season, European women will go into heat and present themselves to nearby men. The European men then compete with each other to determine who will mount the female and pass on his genes.
At least according to that National Geographic special I saw.

Bollocks, competing is so... so... well, so American!!! We yuros use class and style to determine those things.When two gentlemen aspire to the favors of the same lady all we need is to compare the cut of our jackets. Bespoke tailoring beats prêt-à-porter and Savile Row rules the waves, so to speak.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on September 17, 2009, 01:01:32 AM
'

I'd knock you up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 07:54:04 AM
...So um how is doing something with somebody and talking to them unnatural?  Am I supposed to do it from a few villages over?
Relationships don't work that way.
You don't suddenly meet someone then decide "Alright then, I'll have feelings for you".
It builds over time.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2009, 08:31:35 AM
Relationships don't work that way.

They don't work what way?

QuoteYou don't suddenly meet someone then decide "Alright then, I'll have feelings for you".
It builds over time.

True.  But WTF does that have to do with anything?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2009, 08:25:22 AM
'

I'd knock you up.

Judging by present evidence, merely by being in the same state.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 08:34:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2009, 08:25:22 AM
'

I'd knock you up.

Judging by present evidence, merely by being in the same state.  ;)

I'm going to be in South Carolina next month.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

I wish I still had my copy of The Sims.  I'd enjoy walling them up again.
PDH!