Gadafi addresses the UN General Council

Started by Savonarola, September 23, 2009, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 24, 2009, 03:03:48 PM
Who's in the picture, the one on Gadafi's chest.
It's a picture of the Omar Mukhtar, hero of the Libyan independence movement, being arrested.  He was later executed.  Gaddafi, I assume, wanted to remind Berlusconi of Italian oppression.  So he printed a photo off the internet and made himself a badge.  At least that's what it looks like.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 24, 2009, 03:53:58 PM
It's a picture of the Omar Mukhtar, hero of the Libyan independence movement, being arrested.  He was later executed.  Gaddafi, I assume, wanted to remind Berlusconi of Italian oppression.  So he printed a photo off the internet and made himself a badge.  At least that's what it looks like.
That's worth $7.77 trillion just by itself.

Razgovory

What a subtle fellow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Classy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Should have given him an autograpghed copy of Lion of the Desert.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

I see Gadaffi's coming to Canada....wonder if Harper will make it out of Tim Horton's to greet him? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maximus on September 24, 2009, 01:42:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 23, 2009, 06:55:49 PM
Would it kill Ahmadinejad to wear a goddamn tie every now and then?  :bowler:
Why should he?

So that NYPD doesn't mistake him for a vagrant and go all Abner Louima on h. . .

wait a minute, never mind; let him keep the tie off.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 01:29:49 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2009, 01:28:53 PM

Nah...looks more like an At-At Commander to me.

General Veer has gone to hell after taking a snowspeeder to the face.  :(

All miraculous survivals have a price... :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

Somehow that untalented senile crusty old pile of dogshit Larry King landed an interview with Gadhafi tonight on Larry King Live.  :huh:

Oh wait, must be because Larry is just going to ask him softball questions and kiss his terrorist ass the whole time. :yes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2009, 06:24:02 PM
Somehow that untalented senile crusty old pile of dogshit Larry King landed an interview with Gadhafi tonight on Larry King Live.  :huh:

Oh wait, must be because Larry is just going to ask him softball questions and kiss his terrorist ass the whole time. :yes:
You're just jealous of his perfectly triangular head.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2009, 04:36:56 PM
I see Gadaffi's coming to Canada....wonder if Harper will make it out of Tim Horton's to greet him? :huh:
I see you're sticking to your communist talking points.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.