And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2009, 08:39:52 AM
Not in that way.

I think my exploits in the field generally also stem from an inherent inability to relate to other people or feel much towards them. I have friends that I like meeting, but if for whatever reasons we don't see each other for weeks or months I have not much of a problem with it. In fact that's something that frustrates my old friends in Germany, and my family ever since I moved to Austria. In fact, even when they call I often can't be bothered to talk to them because I find it extremely hard to care about them.

Yet you talk to us everyday.  You: love us :hug:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Not in that way.

I think my exploits in the field generally also stem from an inherent inability to relate to other people or feel much towards them. I have friends that I like meeting, but if for whatever reasons we don't see each other for weeks or months I have not much of a problem with it. In fact that's something that frustrates my old friends in Germany, and my family ever since I moved to Austria. In fact, even when they call I often can't be bothered to talk to them because I find it extremely hard to care about them.
I feel the same way, and it also frustrates people.  The good news is that it makes certain lucrative jobs a perfect fit for guys like us, like being a contract killer.

frunk

"I know what I do isn't... moral, per se..."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 09:08:34 AM
Not in that way.

Yet you talk to us everyday.  You: love us :hug:

Love would be exaggerated. Easily available with little effort from my side when I feel like it is more like it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2009, 01:27:44 PM
Not in that way.

I feel the same way, and it also frustrates people.  The good news is that it makes certain lucrative jobs a perfect fit for guys like us, like being a contract killer.

:zipped:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 08:00:11 AM
....um right that is what "American" dating is all about.  You meet somebody at a party or a bar or whatever and you call them and then you get together and do things.  Now with the internet you can also get together with people you meet there and do things.

Umm, in American dating, you are given a feedback form at the end of the date that tells you how well the date went. That's what the Sims taught me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

The Sims taught me to trap people in hedge mazes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2009, 01:56:41 PM
Umm, in American dating, you are given a feedback form at the end of the date that tells you how well the date went. That's what the Sims taught me.
You can go on dates in The Sims? :blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2009, 01:27:44 PM

Or, less glamourously, an actuary.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 05:27:55 AM
You didn't eat her, did you.. ?

Not in that way.

A bit Schizoid, aren't we?  :cool:

Syt

Quote from: Drakken on September 16, 2009, 02:48:49 PM

Possibly. I'm too lazy/cheap to see a therapist.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Drakken

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2009, 02:51:46 PM

Possibly. I'm too lazy/cheap to see a therapist.

Well, it is a personality disorder only if these traits hamper your well-being or the well-being of others in a significant, uncontrollable way. If it doesn't and you are fine with having these traits, no need to go see one.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on September 16, 2009, 02:55:38 PM
Well, it is a personality disorder only if these traits hamper your well-being or the well-being of others in a significant, uncontrollable way. If it doesn't and you are fine with having these traits, no need to go see one.  ;)

Of course, the individual with a disorder might not always have the best perspective.

Jaron

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 05:27:55 AM
You didn't eat her, did you.. ?

Not in that way.

:cool:
Winner of THE grumbler point.