News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You really want to be CDM in 10 years?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2009, 04:33:41 AM
Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 04:20:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2009, 11:01:51 PM
Dating is overrated and a waste of time.

Sour like a lemon. ^_^

No. Rather I've found that my attempts at relationships/dating in recent years have led me to the conclusion that regular sex with a partner is not worth having to spend all the required extra time with them that I'd much rather have at my personal, indpendent disposal.
Ah, great, that really explains that you're not at all bitter  :D

I would agree that "dating" in the American sense, new to Europe, sucks sweaty syphilitic donkey balls. But "going out with someone" works, and that implies having mutually favourable ammounts of time together and to do your own stuff.

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 16, 2009, 04:36:12 AM
You really want to be CDM in 10 years?

I don't like cats. But my writing efforts are certainly on par with his. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on September 16, 2009, 04:39:23 AM
But "going out with someone" works, and that implies having mutually favourable ammounts of time together and to do your own stuff.

Well, I spent some time last year with an IT chick who was nice and caring, sex was great, we had a lot of common interests, but enough diversity to do stuff by ourselves, and generally agreed that we'd both need time for ourselves now and then. However, even under those rather ideal conditions I preferred to return to singlehood, because unlike her I had no trouble talking to her only via email for two weeks before seeing each other again.

Of course I should have picked up my DVDs from her place first, because as it happens she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2009, 05:25:53 AM
But "going out with someone" works, and that implies having mutually favourable ammounts of time together and to do your own stuff.

Well, I spent some time last year with an IT chick who was nice and caring, sex was great, we had a lot of common interests, but enough diversity to do stuff by ourselves, and generally agreed that we'd both need time for ourselves now and then. However, even under those rather ideal conditions I preferred to return to singlehood, because unlike her I had no trouble talking to her only via email for two weeks before seeing each other again.

Of course I should have picked up my DVDs from her place first, because as it happens she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

You didn't eat her, did you.. ?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM
Korea tends to coach me on things like this.

And you saw what kind of luck she has.    :P

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2009, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:59:20 PM
Yes.
Its pre-arranged and you're both just...judging each other.

Here's a secret, you're always being judged. 
Maybe.
But then I'd rather again it happen naturally and over a decent length of time so people can judge me 'right' rather than just going off a hour long meeting where I'm unusually talkative/quiet/drunk/whatever.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I would agree that "dating" in the American sense, new to Europe, sucks sweaty syphilitic donkey balls. But "going out with someone" works, and that implies having mutually favourable ammounts of time together and to do your own stuff.

:rolleyes: X 1000

The European method of sitting in my basement waiting for people to knock on the door asking to have sex with me just wasn't cutting it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 16, 2009, 06:23:14 AM
But then I'd rather again it happen naturally and over a decent length of time so people can judge me 'right' rather than just going off a hour long meeting where I'm unusually talkative/quiet/drunk/whatever.

...So um how is doing something with somebody and talking to them unnatural?  Am I supposed to do it from a few villages over?

Seriously I just don't get it.  I am glad I am not European it sounds like I would never get to meet people.  It seems talking to people of the preferred sex and doing things with them is unnatural somehow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Europeans have no concept of formality anymore.  It's really quite sad :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 07:51:34 AM

The European method of sitting in my basement waiting for people to knock on the door asking to have sex with me just wasn't cutting it.

Tell me about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 07:51:34 AM

I'm sorry, you seem to have overlooked the European method of stumbling drunk into somone in a pub and giving them a call if it still seems like a good idea the next day.

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on September 16, 2009, 07:56:57 AM
I'm sorry, you seem to have overlooked the European method of stumbling drunk into somone in a pub and giving them a call if it still seems like a good idea the next day.

....um right that is what "American" dating is all about.  You meet somebody at a party or a bar or whatever and you call them and then you get together and do things.  Now with the internet you can also get together with people you meet there and do things.

So what do you call them for in Europe if going out and doing things is sucking syphilitic donkey balls?

Syt

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 05:27:55 AM
You didn't eat her, did you.. ?

Not in that way.

I think my exploits in the field generally also stem from an inherent inability to relate to other people or feel much towards them. I have friends that I like meeting, but if for whatever reasons we don't see each other for weeks or months I have not much of a problem with it. In fact that's something that frustrates my old friends in Germany, and my family ever since I moved to Austria. In fact, even when they call I often can't be bothered to talk to them because I find it extremely hard to care about them.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Damn I thought I was provoking a trans-Atlantic flame war.  I know Jaron, I have posted with Jaron but I am no Jaron :(