News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Seriously though - whether this date works out or not isn't the most important thing: the most important thing is that you carried it out. Each one will now be easier.

Fact is, you won't "click" with everyone, and it sounds like you didn't click with this one - that's okay, plenty more where she came from, if it doesn't work out.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Wonderfull date Raz.

Next time, take more control. Girls needs direction, just ask Ed for more information.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on September 15, 2009, 04:51:28 PM
Seriously though - whether this date works out or not isn't the most important thing: the most important thing is that you carried it out. Each one will now be easier.

Fact is, you won't "click" with everyone, and it sounds like you didn't click with this one - that's okay, plenty more where she came from, if it doesn't work out.
Agreed.  IMO, a bad date is when you do something stupid and freak out someone who's a good match for you.  A date with someone that doesn't click is just par for the course, you won't click with most people.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 01:06:10 PM
Has anybody actually become friends with somebody they dated who said 'lets just be friends'?
Well, I have a friend like that ("M"). Admittedly, I have not abandoned plans of getting into his pants again. :P

And I'm friends with two more people where noone said that that but I used to fuck them but then both parties kinda lost interest.

One of them is not bad though, so we may end up having a friendly threesome with a mutual friend of ours. :P

Razgovory

I honestly don't know if we clicked or not.  Truth be told I wasn't trying to sweep her off her feet.  Just meet her the first time and panic.  That was accomplished.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

QuoteShe talked about how she liked to hang out in bars and I refrained from saying something stupid.

Outstanding. :lol:
and the horse you rode in on

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Cerr

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 04:28:27 PM
She talked about how she liked to hang out in bars and I refrained from saying something stupid.
If you have a second date, go with her to a bar.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Cerr on September 15, 2009, 05:45:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 04:28:27 PM
She talked about how she liked to hang out in bars and I refrained from saying something stupid.
If you have a second date, go with her to a bar.

I may just do that.

Josquius

I should probally try and get one of these date things. I've never done that. Sounds amusing...in a horrible painful sort of way.
Why did you take her to a prison anyway? Thats not the usual is it?- was that the point?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:51:40 PM
I should probally try and get one of these date things. I've never done that. Sounds amusing...in a horrible painful sort of way.

Yeah talking while killing time with a possible romantic interest...sounds like the worst!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2009, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:51:40 PM

Yeah talking while killing time with a possible romantic interest...sounds like the worst!
Yes.
Its pre-arranged and you're both just...judging each other.
I hate giving presentations- all that preperation comes down to 10 minutes...I always mess up. I can imagine dates being similar.
I've always just took things naturally but a date could be fun for a bit of self-destruction.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.