News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 05:24:47 PM
I honestly don't know if we clicked or not.  Truth be told I wasn't trying to sweep her off her feet.  Just meet her the first time and panic.  That was accomplished.

You'd probably have a pretty good idea if you did.

Also, aren't you missing the "not" in front of "panic"?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2009, 05:59:20 PM
Yes.
Its pre-arranged and you're both just...judging each other.

Here's a secret, you're always being judged. 

Besides, it generally its good to schedule to hangout with someone. That way, you'll know they are available at that time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on September 15, 2009, 06:00:05 PM
I honestly don't know if we clicked or not.  Truth be told I wasn't trying to sweep her off her feet.  Just meet her the first time and panic.  That was accomplished.

There is in fact a good chance I wouldn't!  What if I don't click with her and she still wants to see me again.

Yeah probably.  With my posts it's perfectly acceptable to add and subtract words you don't like.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

If she wants to see you again, go for it.  By the end of the second date the picture should be pretty clear.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 06:02:56 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 15, 2009, 06:00:05 PM

There is in fact a good chance I wouldn't!  What if I don't click with her and she still wants to see me again.

Yeah probably.  With my posts it's perfectly acceptable to add and subtract words you don't like.

Just because you don't click with someone right away doesn't mean that you won't eventually. Maybe there is enough interest on both sides to seek another date.

Put it this way - do *you* want to see *her* again?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

Yes.
I hate giving presentations- all that preperation comes down to 10 minutes...I always mess up. I can imagine dates being similar.
I've always just took things naturally but a date could be fun for a bit of self-destruction.
I have never gone on a date where the sole purpose was my preparing a powerpoint of my strong points so that I could wow someone.  As Garbo said, we always are judging and being judged, but a date is also supposed to be at least somewhat fun. Like, going to a prison or something.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:08:00 PM
Yes.
I hate giving presentations- all that preperation comes down to 10 minutes...I always mess up. I can imagine dates being similar.
I've always just took things naturally but a date could be fun for a bit of self-destruction.
I have never gone on a date where the sole purpose was my preparing a powerpoint of my strong points so that I could wow someone.  As Garbo said, we always are judging and being judged, but a date is also supposed to be at least somewhat fun. Like, going to a prison or something.

I brought slides with pie charts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:08:49 PM
:Embarrass:
I last went on a date before powerpoint, to be honest.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:08:00 PM
I have never gone on a date where the sole purpose was my preparing a powerpoint of my strong points so that I could wow someone.

:lol:

I have talked about PowerPoint while on a date though...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 04:28:27 PM

Since the sun was shining I suggested we take a walk and she concurred.  She saw something about the prison tours and became excited and I told her the Walls were just a few blocks down.  So we made out for the old penitentiary while I made up stories that tended to end in me saying "well that's not entirely true". 

I see you went the inmate route then.  :frog:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:10:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:08:49 PM
:Embarrass:
I last went on a date before powerpoint, to be honest.

Remember, lots of sounds and flashy graphics.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:12:59 PM
I will use this kickass picture of the Battle of Chaeronea I found!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:15:39 PM

When you find a woman that thinks that's the coolest thing ever, hold on tight. She'll be a keeper!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

Any date you do not end up in jail and no one died is a good date.  ;) Well, you almost ended in jail, but good thing she is out of shape.  :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:15:39 PM

Add more Spartans. Gerard Butler's screaming head = panties dropped.