News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:18:07 PM

Add more Spartans. Gerard Butler's screaming head = panties dropped.

He speaks truth, this one.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on September 15, 2009, 06:19:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:18:07 PM

Add more Spartans. Gerard Butler's screaming head = panties dropped.

He speaks truth, this one.

I've got the kryptiea in my pants.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

:lmfao:

Great thread.  Glad to see everyone made it out alright.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2009, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 06:08:00 PM
I have never gone on a date where the sole purpose was my preparing a powerpoint of my strong points so that I could wow someone.

:lol:

I have talked about PowerPoint while on a date though...
Sorry, I was really excited about some of the new features.  They really help illustrate the important actuarial concepts I mentioned earlier that evening.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 06:08:49 PM
I brought slides with pie charts.
Your secret identity: REVEALED BY ME.

Only I doubt any such dates ended with a "giant sucking sound".  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on September 15, 2009, 07:00:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2009, 06:11:12 PM
I have talked about PowerPoint while on a date though...
Sorry, I was really excited about some of the new features.  They really help illustrate the important actuarial concepts I mentioned earlier that evening.

:D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 15, 2009, 07:00:35 PM

There's one thing I've been wondering for a while, Kobe.  Will you please inform me as to how my ass tastes?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Fun story Raz. I'm not sure that bar girl is your best match, but the prison was a great first date idea.  :lol:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Korea

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 04:28:27 PM
At about 20 after 1 I left the house,  There didn't seem to be any large cats outside so I felt safe enough to make a dash for the car.  I drove down to a local bank and took 50 bucks out of my account and then headed downtown.  Parking is poor downtown so I opted for parking garage on Madison.  Took an alley and made it strait to the Capital.

The full paths are below in another chart.  Red is her, Blue is me and Purple is us together.

EDIT: First image was to small.

I leaned up against an old statue of Thomas Jefferson and shot the breeze with Tom while I waited for her.  Not long after I arrived I saw a shapely young lady walking toward the capital stopping every few minutes to type something into her cell phone.  I watched her with an air of indifference as she made her irregular trek toward the capital steps.  When she arrived she seemed some what confused and stood looking around before finally noticing me leaning against old Tom.  (for the record Tom thought she was okay, but world have preferred some darker meat).  She looked up and asked if I was Brad to which I did a dramatic bow and tip of the hat.

After introduction we walked together up the street to the coffee shop.  I don't actually drink coffee so I got a Mr. Pibb and a bagel.  She got a chocolate mocca or some damn pagan thing.  We talked rather animatedly for a while as we both tried to gauge one another.  She talked about how she liked to hang out in bars and I refrained from saying something stupid.

Since the sun was shining I suggested we take a walk and she concurred.  She saw something about the prison tours and became excited and I told her the Walls were just a few blocks down.  So we made out for the old penitentiary while I made up stories that tended to end in me saying "well that's not entirely true".  She asked questions about things like how parking meters  worked and expressed a desire to go to Portland (though I'm not clear on the why of that).  As we walked I gave her a little local history which I think bored her.  She told me about how she likes to go up to KC and Columbia because of the better night life and expressed sadness that the local bars in her area (a little south of Jefferson City) are just places where people meet looking to take someone home with them.

After a while she pointed out she wasn't an outdoorsy type and this 5 block death march was kicking her ass.  We got with in one block of the prison where she could see on the towers and then decided we should go back.  So we walked back and she was surprised to see that she was back at the parking garage which she had parked as well.  I walked her up to her car and told her I enjoyed meeting her.  She said the the date was weird but cool and she had fun as well.  After that she drove off and I made my way back to my car and drove home. 

The whole thing took about 1 hour and 40 minutes.  She had gotten there earlier but had gotten lost (and rained on somehow).  I met her at about ten minutes before two (which she first thought I was late).  Overall It did not go badly.  I don't know if it went well but at least it wasn't a disaster.  She's pretty (but I did keep staring at some kind of brown sore on her lower lip), and not noticeably stupid.  Honestly we didn't have a great deal in common, but then who has a lot in common with me?

I have a picture of her and I'm debating weather it's a good idea to post it.  Truth be told the photo doesn't do her justice.
Don't.
I want my mother fucking points!

Syt

Dating is overrated and a waste of time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Well done Raz. Your AAR reads like a Nick Hornby book. Get a few more back to back and you have a bestseller on your hands! In fact, tell us about the church date one now...

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 01:06:10 PM
Has anybody actually become friends with somebody they dated who said 'lets just be friends'?
Yup. In fact just last week I went for a drink with an ex-date friend and brought along another ex-date friend who I thought would have a lot in common with him. They got on like a house on fire and are now Facebook contacts. My current squeeze has met a couple too.

Proviso 1: Probably best not applied to ex spouses.
Proviso 2: For sanity's sake, it's best not to think, "Hey, I've slept with X people in this room..."

DisturbedPervert

I think she wanted you to get her drunk

Syt

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 04:20:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2009, 11:01:51 PM
Dating is overrated and a waste of time.

Sour like a lemon. ^_^

No. Rather I've found that my attempts at relationships/dating in recent years have led me to the conclusion that regular sex with a partner is not worth having to spend all the required extra time with them that I'd much rather have at my personal, indpendent disposal.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.