News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliebear

They'd have to throw in free parking, too.  I'd also want one of those "all you can eat" tickets tossed in. 

Alcibiades

Quote from: Savonarola on September 16, 2009, 04:21:55 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 16, 2009, 04:17:57 PM
Most games I saw last year Ford field looked deserted.

Which is also a shame since many of the greatest plays last season were made at Ford Field.  Admittedly they were all made against the Lions, but still.
Yeah, seriously.  We're gonna see Adrien Peterson break his rushing record this week ffs.  :mad:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2009, 10:12:38 AM
So, week 1 I'm 10-6 picking games.
If you can go 10-6 against the spread I'll be impressed.

Vince

Quote from: sbr on September 16, 2009, 09:32:47 AM
Ah, when you win one Super Bowl every 20 years you would linger over them a bit.

Or 40 in my case...

Ed Anger

The fucking Jets better back up their smack talk. I don't want to deal with Brady splooge next week on how they overcame the fucking Jets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2009, 04:54:53 PM
The fucking Jets better back up their smack talk. I don't want to deal with Brady splooge next week on how they overcame the fucking Jets.

God I hope so.  I want nothing more than Bart Scott and David Harris beating the crap out of Brady all game especially after that damn "Brady rule" that's on the books.

Unfortunately the Jets always find some way to fuck up the home opener against the Pats.  Also Peter King picked the Jets to win.  That's almost as bad as Timmy taint.  I'm expecting the Pats to blow the Jets out now. 

CountDeMoney

Hhhmmmmm....

QuoteSan Diego's high-powered offense took a double hit Friday when the Chargers said both running back LaDainian Tomlinson and center Nick Hardwick will miss Sunday's game against the Ravens with ankle injuries.

The Chargers' injury report listed eight players this week after a physical, 24-20 win over the Oakland Raiders on Monday night. Also scratched is backup defensive tackle Travis Johnson with a groin injury.

The Ravens said all week they expected Tomlinson to play. But coach John Harbaugh said the Chargers are wel-stocked at the position. "If [Tomlinson doesn't play], Michael Bennett can play," Harbaugh said on Friday. "Of course, [Darren] Sproles, everybody has been taking about him all week, but Michael Bennett can play. We've seen him before in the past, too. They've got a whole bevy of backs."

Earlier in the week, Chargers coach Norv Turner talked about playing against the Ravens' defense.

"We appreciate how good the Ravens are on defense," Turner said. "When you look at them, they're one of the most balanced teams in this league, and I understand why a lot of people are picking them to do great things this year. We've got to do a great job keeping them off [quarterback Philip Rivers]. The best way to do that, obviously, is to get some run going. We want to run the football and we want to have balance."

The Ravens, traditionally one of the NFL's best teams against the run, allowed just 29 rush yards in the season opener.

The Chargers also list three players as questionable: guard Louis Vasquez (knee), defensive tackle Jamal Williams (elbow) and linebacker Antwan Applewhite (hamstring).

Meanwhile, the Ravens listed safety Tom Zbikowski (concussion) as doubtful and tight end L.J. Smith (hamstring) as questionable. Linebackers Terrell Suggs (concussion, chest), Jarret Johnson (shoulder) and Tavares Gooden (knee), and safety Ed Reed (concussion) are listed as probable. Johnson was listed on the injury report for the first time on Friday, but participated fully in practice.