Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Started by Viking, September 08, 2009, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Woman
3 (8.8%)
Boy in drag
31 (91.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on September 09, 2009, 03:01:28 PM
are most of his models noble women getting portriats? If so it isn't his fault the rich italian families had ugly daughters lol

Nah, he mostly did religious themes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2009, 03:04:02 PM

He still had to have models, I presume he didn't get Adam and God to manifest themselves before him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 03:06:25 PM

He still had to have models, I presume he didn't get Adam and God to manifest themselves before him.

I believe he actually used males for the basis of many of his women.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2009, 03:09:58 PM

You know your women are ugly when you have to start using men as your women :P

I know i've heard that before, but i always wondered why. I know he wasn't the only one to do so. Was cause he (and the others) were poofters, or was it something akin to the english using men as women on stage because it was immodest (and eventually illegal) for women to be actors?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on September 09, 2009, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2009, 03:09:58 PM

You know your women are ugly when you have to start using men as your women :P

I know i've heard that before, but i always wondered why. I know he wasn't the only one to do so. Was cause he (and the others) were poofters, or was it something akin to the english using men as women on stage because it was immodest (and eventually illegal) for women to be actors?

Michellangelo was a very weird guy. He was a loner, who lived in great modesty despite being quite well off, and was scruffy and unkempt. Some stories have him living in borderline misery and dressing almost like a beggar, despite having rich patrons. As for his sexuality, he apparently lived in monastic chastity for all his life, while being attracted to younger men, even though he also had relationships with women later in life. He had a well documented platonic relationship with another artist more than 30 years his junior, for instance, and had other similar relationships with other men, exchanging love poems and the like.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Not a shock.  Does that disqualify him/her/it?  Wasn't there a US female Olympian back in the day who lost her medals because they later found she was a hermaphrodite?  Not gonna search for that at work :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2009, 04:25:06 PM
Not a shock.  Does that disqualify him/her/it?  Wasn't there a US female Olympian back in the day who lost her medals because they later found she was a hermaphrodite?  Not gonna search for that at work :D

I don't blame you.  :lol:

Yeah, it will be interesting. Who do hermaphrodites compete with - men or women?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2009, 04:28:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2009, 04:25:06 PM
they'll have to create  new games for them. The Hermolympics or something :D

I don't blame you.  :lol:

Yeah, it will be interesting. Who do hermaphrodites compete with - men or women?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Yeah that's an interesting question.

I mean if they disqualify her, then it would mean hermaphrodites cannot compete in any sports - that would be discriminatory, no?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2009, 06:24:54 PM
I mean if they disqualify her, then it would mean hermaphrodites cannot compete in any sports - that would be discriminatory, no?

Well it would not necessarily mean that it could just mean they could not compete in women's sports.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Which one does he/she pee out of?  That would be a good litmus test.

Sheilbh

I feel sorry for this girl.  This whole thing has been handled awfully. 
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 10, 2009, 06:59:01 PM
I feel sorry for this girl.  This whole thing has been handled awfully. 

Not sure that there was really a good way to handle it.