Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Started by Viking, September 08, 2009, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Woman
3 (8.8%)
Boy in drag
31 (91.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Strix

Quote from: Queequeg on September 10, 2009, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 10, 2009, 10:38:28 PM
Well they could have avoided the public announcement of an investigation and just done it privately until they were sure there was something medical. 

As it turns out she's a hermaphrodite.  But if she came back totally girl imagine how awful it would've been, after an incredible success, to have to endure a pretty discussed investigation into your biological sex.
I don't really think it is fair to the girls.  They prepared to run against people of the same gender and therefore of a reasonably similar anatomy, not someone with a greater natural predisposition for athletic ability due to intersex status.  It would be like letting a sentient dolphin compete in the Olympics.

But men and women are so supposed to be equal?!?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 11, 2009, 09:35:42 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2009, 05:02:20 AM
Surely he/she could have avoided a great part of the media circus by approaching the authorities before hand and getting some clarification.
She's been raised and lived her life as a girl (which is why I think it's only polite to refer to her as a girl not as a he-she).  The sort of hermaphroditism she has is a form where she'll have internal testes and, I believe, no ovaries or wombs.  But she'll have entirely female genitalia.  When she was born the doctors would have told her parents that she's a girl and she'll have been raised and treated accordingly.  So someone could have suggested something before but why would she not believe she was a masculine and very strong woman? 

After a life led as a girl she's been turned into a global sideshow.  I think it's really very sad.

I find it very difficult to believe, looking as she does and being a top athlete, that the issue of her gender has never occurred to anyone until now.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DisturbedPervert

I find it amusing that since this story broke that in South African media there has been a shit storm about how whites weren't supporting a black athlete against these racist accusations and it turns out she's a hermaphrodite after all.

Josquius

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 11, 2009, 09:51:31 AM
I find it amusing that since this story broke that in South African media there has been a shit storm about how whites weren't supporting a black athlete against these racist accusations and it turns out she's a hermaphrodite after all.
I even recall seeing some bollocks where it was saying white women are little girls and black women just naturally look stronger and what others would call 'manlier'.
And this woman is of course the prime example of a African woman.
So we are all teh racist.
██████
██████
██████

swallow

I've heard the word 'butch' used by fellow female athletes, I've heard the phrase ''something like that' A bunch of stick in the muds - all top athletes are different somehow - that's what makes them winners - this one is just streets ahead.

derspiess

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 11, 2009, 09:51:31 AM

People who cry racism all the time tend to have a rather short/selective memory, so they've probably already forgotten about this whole episode :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

swallow

Do you know, the first picture almost made me cry - she looks so proud of how well she's done.  For the second picture, you, sir, deserve a :boff: