Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Started by Viking, September 08, 2009, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Woman
3 (8.8%)
Boy in drag
31 (91.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Caliga

Spellus, that's because 500 years ago gay men didn't tell straight men what to admire in a woman.... instead they hid in monasteries.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BuddhaRhubarb

There's lots of horsey women out there, also lots of pretty boys, she falls into the former category for me
:p

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on September 09, 2009, 12:29:03 PM
This is, I think, a lot more true than a simple racial bias.  For instance, the BMI that men like in women has changed dramatically over the last 500 years, from the fatter the better (Suleyman the Magnificent, who probably had more oppurtunity with more types of women and men than really anyone but Ghenghis Khan, was desperately in love with a 500 pound Armenian woman he named "kuchuk shekerlik", little bit of sugar) to skeletal thinness. 

Strange I never found greek statues of Aphrodite incredibly obese.  And I sorta question that men today really like skeletal thinness.  That is just what the fashion industry likes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Queequeg on September 09, 2009, 12:29:03 PMSuleyman the Magnificent, who probably had more oppurtunity with more types of women and men than really anyone but Ghenghis Khan, was desperately in love with a 500 pound Armenian woman he named "kuchuk shekerlik", little bit of sugar

They have people like this today.  Some feeders even get off on getting their partner so fat they are immobile.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2009, 12:30:34 PM
Spellus, that's because 500 years ago gay men didn't tell straight men what to admire in a woman.... instead they hid in monasteries.  :)

That's probably true for the West, but I'm pretty sure not for the court of Suleyman the Magnificent. In fact, gay men were probably running his court. :P

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 12:34:41 PM

Strange I never found greek statues of Aphrodite incredibly obese.  And I sorta question that men today really like skeletal thinness.  That is just what the fashion industry likes.
Obviously they shift.
This is from 25,000 years ago.
This is from 4th Century BC Greece.

One of my favorite examples of how beauty can change is this:

The upper image is obviously of Ancient Greek origin, but the latter is also of Hellenistic origin; it is Greco-Bactrian.   If you look closely, the techniques are also quite similar (Hellenistic Sculpture had a huge influence on Indian, and through Indian all Asian styles of sculpture; that's why Buddha has a Toga).  The difference is that the Bactrian ideal woman went from the Greek plump woman with small breasts to the seemingly more modern Bactrian ideal woman with fantastically huge breasts and a tiny waist. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Is it me or does the second one look like a slightly chubby guy? :D

Awww, those crazy Greeks. :P

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2009, 12:49:36 PM

That's probably true for the West, but I'm pretty sure not for the court of Suleyman the Magnificent. In fact, gay men were probably running his court. :P
"Gay" is misleading.  It was pedarety-intensive.  After the relative heterosexuality of the Byzantine Period, the Turks began a renaissance of adolescent fucking. The Turks may have been able to take the Greek's language and religion, but never their love of boys!
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2009, 12:54:51 PM
Is it me or does the second one look like a slightly chubby guy? :D

Awww, those crazy Greeks. :P
The hips are too big.  I can't think of a culture that found boyish hips in women attractive, actually.  That seems pretty constant unless we get into Lolita-type creepy stuff. 

Queequeg

I have to say, the first photo is actually pretty sad and a little stomach turning.  I'm surprised they went with the caption "Wow! Look at her now!"  as the dress seems to remove all doubt in my mind about her masculine appearance; her shoulders are at least as broad as mine, maybe broader, I don't see any hint of breasts, her face is..well...flat and really really broad...I basically can't look at that photo and see any kind of woman, at least in the traditional sense.  I wonder if this was really the best picture, and if they just stuck with that caption so that they don't offend "her"?

Josquius

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 09, 2009, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 09, 2009, 12:29:03 PMSuleyman the Magnificent, who probably had more oppurtunity with more types of women and men than really anyone but Ghenghis Khan, was desperately in love with a 500 pound Armenian woman he named "kuchuk shekerlik", little bit of sugar

They have people like this today.  Some feeders even get off on getting their partner so fat they are immobile.
Indeed. My flat mate has a thing for very fat girls.
His last girl was very nice but...the beef. I guessed he just fell for her personality online or somesuch.
But then his next girl...She's even fatter and not so nice.
At least the first had the blessing of huge tits to go with the fatness, his new one is just fat.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

The problem with being really fat is it covers up her secondary sexual characteristics.  I mean when a woman gets too obese her boobs and her hips just sorta get swallowed up in the formless mass.  When she has a healthy weight they stand out to be oogled.

Naturally if she gets too thin then they vanish again since she is a skeleton.

I prefer my women to be, you know, not disgustingly unhealthy either way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Michelangelo's women are quite a bit more masculine than Kate Moss or Nicole Ritchie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 12:34:41 PM
And I sorta question that men today really like skeletal thinness.  That is just what the fashion industry likes.

Ditto.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2009, 02:27:23 PM

Michelangelo's women are quite a bit more masculine than Kate Moss or Nicole Ritchie.
are most of his models noble women getting portriats? If so it isn't his fault the rich italian families had ugly daughters lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.