Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Started by Viking, September 08, 2009, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does this look like a woman or a boy in drag?

Woman
3 (8.8%)
Boy in drag
31 (91.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Queequeg

Quote from: Tonitrus link=email]topic[/email]=2171.msg104065#msg104065 date=1252469970]
I saw a link Foxnews.com had to some magazine's site on the "10 Hottest Women in Sports" with both the Williams sisters in there.  They obviously were not looking around too hard.
I've heard it argued that there is some kind of racial component and that white people are really only attracted to black women who look like white women, like Rashida Jones and Halle Berry.  I think there is probably some truth to this; I find my self substantially less attracted to women of Central/South-American Native, Austronesian, and various peoples of Sub-Saharan African descent. 

I think even the gay men on here would probably admit that

looks better than

That said, I really don't buy that there is a racial component to the controversy over this South African "girl".  The vast majority of men don't look anywhere near that masculine. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on September 09, 2009, 12:20:59 AM

I've heard it argued that there is some kind of racial component and that white people are really only attracted to black women who look like white women, like Rashida Jones

:blink:

Is she really black or is it just a one drop kind of thing?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2009, 12:25:10 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 09, 2009, 12:20:59 AM

I've heard it argued that there is some kind of racial component and that white people are really only attracted to black women who look like white women, like Rashida Jones

:blink:

Is she really black or is it just a one drop kind of thing?

With her arguably equally cute (and more obviously part African-American) sister.  Half Jewish, half Black. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HVC

Rashida got the better of the mixture.

Also, that doesn't explain why other races also seem to prefer white chicks. the old sterotype of rich black men marrying white chicks or asian business men who are obsessed with white women.

*edit* to clarify, the stereotypes seem to imply that when give the opertunity they'll go for the white women over women of their own race.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 09, 2009, 12:32:32 AM
Also, that doesn't explain why other races also seem to prefer white chicks. the old sterotype of rich black men marrying white chicks or asian business men who are obsessed with white women.

*edit* to clarify, the stereotypes seem to imply that when give the opertunity they'll go for the white women over women of their own race.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2009, 12:42:46 AM

:lol:
It's 1:30 in the morning, and i haven't slept in a while, so my theorizing on race relations is probably way off :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Traditional ideas of beauty in most cultures; paler=hotter.

Quote from: TonitrusI saw a link Foxnews.com had to some magazine's site on the "10 Hottest Women in Sports" with both the Williams sisters in there.  They obviously were not looking around too hard.
I'm sure one of them at least is not too bad.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2009, 07:14:33 PM
What was the upshot on this story?  Is he/she a tranny, or a genetic freak, or what?

Genetic freak, apparently. Way more testosterone than a normal woman, still a lot less than a normal man.

swallow

Maybe she's just someone whose genetic make-up and training have allowed her to be more talented in her chosen field than most.

Malthus

What about White guys who obsess about Asian women?

I think at least part of the attraction both ways is the lure of the exotic, so long as it is not *too* exotic.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DisturbedPervert

All Asian dudes I've ever known want to fuck a white chick, especially a blond, but all but one prefer Asian chicks in general. 

Martinus

I think this has less to do with any racial preferences, and more to do with "culturalization".

The ideal of beauty is largely defined by images in popular culture, and there is certainly more "white" culture being projected to non-white people than vice versa, through movies and the like.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 09, 2009, 08:13:27 AM
All Asian dudes I've ever known want to fuck a white chick, especially a blond, but all but one prefer Asian chicks in general. 

I can see that.  I would have to say most straight guys would like to fuck a chick from each major world racial group at least once.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2009, 08:16:12 AM
I think this has less to do with any racial preferences, and more to do with "culturalization".

The ideal of beauty is largely defined by images in popular culture, and there is certainly more "white" culture being projected to non-white people than vice versa, through movies and the like.

I guess I do not get the distinction.  Why is it not a racial preference just because it is based on culture?  Does that mean nothing is a preference which has any possible cultural cause?

'I like chocolate' 'Um no you do not really like chocolate you are 'culturalized' to like chocolate.'

Anyway I do not even agree with the premise.  I think most people prefer mates that look sorta like them but may dabble in the exotic for fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2009, 08:16:12 AM

This is, I think, a lot more true than a simple racial bias.  For instance, the BMI that men like in women has changed dramatically over the last 500 years, from the fatter the better (Suleyman the Magnificent, who probably had more oppurtunity with more types of women and men than really anyone but Ghenghis Khan, was desperately in love with a 500 pound Armenian woman he named "kuchuk shekerlik", little bit of sugar) to skeletal thinness.