News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

100 movies to see before you die

Started by Valmy, March 24, 2009, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Meant for an American audience of course: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/100-movies-to-see-before-you-die.html

I have only seen 42 of them...dang I better get busy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

My total's about 73. This makes me the better person.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

I think this list sucks.

A lot of overhyped, bad movies (e.g. Titanic), lacks a lot of great movies (Fight Club, American Beauty, A Clockwork Orange, etc.). It looks like made by someone who saw them before he died a decade ago.

Martinus

I mean seriously, Groundhog Day? It's an amusing little movie which I quite enjoyed but considering the magnitude of the movies they missed, this is criminal.

katmai

Marcin and francis are clueless as usually, not surprised.

Oh and seen 80 of them.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on March 24, 2009, 08:34:40 AM
Marcin and francis are clueless as usually, not surprised.

Oh and seen 80 of them.

::) ::) ::)

There's technical differences I just cannot get over. 1922 movies? Seriously?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Darth Wagtaros

Metropolis and Things to Come should have been on there with the other Fritz Lang movies.
PDH!

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 24, 2009, 08:56:02 AM
Metropolis and Things to Come should have been on there with the other Fritz Lang movies.
:bleeding:

Valmy

Groundhog Day is an American classic  :mad:

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 24, 2009, 08:56:02 AM

Correct.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Really, why does Marty suck so bad?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017